indicators cutting power to the dashboard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone ive just bought a navara today and when i use the indicator it makes a weird noise and all the dials on the dashboard stop working. i was just wondering if anyone knew what i have to replace to fix this issue?

Maybe clockspring? Any difference when actually turning the steering wheel?
Otherwise perhaps a bad earth. Did the previous owner put in a new stereo or something? Did you notice anything on the test drive? Does it happen every time you drive?

By the way, stay with the forum when you get it sorted. However your profile name will forever remind us of your first problem.

Reminds me of that joke about Ahmad the goat fkr 😁

Last edited:
yeah i got the ute at a pretty good price becuase of that issue and also he thought the suspension was gone when he just had wheels too big for the space so it was making noise but yeah cheers ill ahve a look at the clockspring worth a shot eh but other than the wheels its compeltey stock so i dont know what would have went wrong with the wiring which is the main confusion

The clockspring usually shows up as intermittent problems when turning one way or the other. Try turning the wheel full lock in each direction and change from left to right indicator to see if there is any difference. Otherwise it may be an earth or the indicator relay. Does it happen if you put the hazard lights on?

yeah the hazards work fine but an update on it is that now the dash is completely gone none of the dials work at all so im assuming that its shoddy wiring

The instrument cluster shares an earth with the stereo and they sometimes do create weird and wonderful problems that can make us look all over the place for a solution. It usually manifests itself after a stereo change.

The usual fix - and this cannot cause any harm to any system in the car - is to add a wire from the stereo body to one of the dash mounting bolts. This properly earths the stereo and in turn, properly earths the instrument cluster.

If that doesn't fix it, we can go through some other things to look at.

Back