In cab squill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m new to this forum so please help if I do things wrong!
I have a navara d40 2012, it’s had a new turbo and injections and has now develop a weird squeak and I can only hear in the cab and under the bonnet at the back of the engine, but not outside I think Iv ruled out belts at the front ect. And the fly wheel because it dosent go away when I dip the clutch.
Can anyone help? Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:
Does the squeak happen at particular times, or engine revs?

It's quite common for the gasket that's between the turbocharger and the exhaust manifold to leak and vibrate, at certain revs this will be audible as a squeak or squeal (mine sounded like a poorly played clarinet). You'll see black sooty emissions from the leak. Check the EGR tube while you're at it.

It does depend on when the sound is being heard. If it's a thrust bearing that's got some grit in it, you'll hear it regardless of the clutch pedal being used, and it should vary in pitch precisely with engine revs, unlike turbocharger bearing issues which lag behind revs and with a new one you shouldn't see anyway.

Back