Ignition lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharoon

Reaction score
I have nissan navara D40 2011 Uk model. I am facing a problem with my ignition switch. Once I enter the key it won't turn and gives kind of a feeling of a steering lock being engaged though it wasn't. And after trying several times the key turns and the car takes ignition. Any suggestions or help?

Try turning the steering wheel in both directions as you gently turn the key. It's possible that the steering lock has engaged with some tension on it, and that might have damaged the pin that engages the lock.

Thanks for help, but if the steering lock pin is damaged. What should I get repaired or replaced in order to make it right?

Thanks for help, but if the steering lock pin is damaged. What should I get repaired or replaced in order to make it right?

If it's not a worn key, and it is the pin, then a mechanic may be able to just file the burr off it after it's been removed.

If the key is worn you could get another cut. Good locksmiths will require your VIN and will be able to look up the key pattern in the database, cut the key and put your electronic fob on it.

If it's not the key that's worn, but the actual innards of the ignition barrel, you'd need the services of a locksmith. Depending on what that might cost, you might find it cheaper to go to a wrecker and just get an ignition barrel out of a wrecked car.

Thanks i have got it checked, its steering wheel pin that ties up when the ignition switch is turned to lock position and won't turn with the key.

Back