Idling problems D22 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick82

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2009 D22 ute and its having issues with idling from a cold start. When you start it you have to keep your foot on the accelerator for about 5 minutes then after that it will idle fine like normal. I have had two mechanic look at it with no luck finding the issue. Has anyone had this problem?

Sorry what I ment by cold start was when its hasn't been running for a period of time like over night. Mechanic said the glow plugs were fine.

Ahh, ok, well we've seen a lot of that before, usually in the D40s which have a slightly more finicky fuel filter. Here's how you find the fault: in the morning, don't try to start the car, pop the bonnet and start squeezing the primer bulb. It should take no more than 4-5 squeezes to go firm. If it takes more, then keep going and watch the fuel lines - you're pressurising them, and diesel will start coming out of a leak.

Alternatively you might have an issue with the fuel pump or injectors when cold. It's simple enough to see if it improves with some injector cleaner. I've always used Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment (under $20 at Supercheap Auto) and had good results.

Back