How to remove the Tailshaft Centre Bearing 2012 4x4 2.5

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has a video or step by step guide to remove the centre bearing..mine doesnt have a flange as I have noted on a U tube video

your flange has probably disintegrated , i recommend you use genuine part i tried non genuine on my nissan and flange seperated same day (flange should be galvanized to assembly) some non genuine ones are not.. febest supplier didnt reply to my request for a refund, incidently had issue with non genuine alternator clutch bearing which i had to modify slightly to fit , sure they may be half price ,SOME PARTS are not worth it

Wondering if anyone has a video or step by step guide to remove the centre bearing..mine doesnt have a flange as I have noted on a U tube video
Not sure I'm understanding you here. Afaik the "flange" holds the centre bearing on and is where the tailshaft bolts on to. So it's not possible to not have a flange? From memory to get it off requires deburring the piened nut, a 27mm deep socket and lots of elbow grease. I had to put it in a vice then use a breaker bar and some pipe for leverage. Wasn't easy, but tap the flange off then (it's splined so a good idea to mark it and put it on the same way) and the the centre bearing slides off.

After doing this the cheapy centre bearing I used lasted less than 2,000 kms lol. So I took it out and dropped it off at a driveline place, who changed the centre bearing, universals and rebalanced the tail shaft for cheaper than I could by a good quality centre bearing. Should have done that to begin with, the old saying "buy cheap, buy twice".

This is an earlier model, basically the same thing though.

Any chance of a pic? It would be highly unusual afaik (which isn't all that much) but thought they were all the same, perhaps it's none standard, was changed to some custom made design?

u tube video is how i did mine . as mentioned above that nut shown has locking tab pushed in need to get a centre punch to straighten it out . follow it and you should be ok use phone camera before unassembly esp if there are spacers etc.. on mine part of flange seperated after 2 days been that way ever since.. dont by cheapie parts

Back