How many K's on your 550 V9X & any problems you may have had

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tony
You have the 2.5 or 3 Lt?
Any ideas what happened with your head or have you posted a reason somewhere.

If I was you Gary I fix the leak in in take. Be for I leave on a trip. And keep eye on future leaks.

Hi skullbone - success - I re-tightened the intercooler inlet hose again and it appears to have fixed the leak. I will go for a long drive today and keep my eye on it for a little while.

I'm changing the oils in the diffs this week and replacing the front brake pads as well. I recently had the auto. gearbox serviced and it seems to be working well.

ENGINE OIL - I had a problem of a diesel fuel contaminated oil a little while back so I just changed the engine oil 2 days ago which was about 2000km. early - before the scheduled service. The old oil looked pretty good but I changed this new oil to what I hope is a Navara friendly Penrite C4. I'm hoping this problem of contaminated oil was a one off - I'd never had that problem before and I always change my oil and filter on time. I just can't figure out why this happened which is concerning. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary?

HEADLIGHTS - I put in a set of upgraded Narva 150 watt halogen (legal) headlight globes and took a little time to adjust the low beams correctly. I don't want them being too annoying for oncoming cars. They are fantastic on low beam - big improvement. I do feel the high beam is not illuminating the road very well just infront of the Navara while driving. On high beam the beam appears a little high but the beam does seem to reach further and is a little broader. The Navara's fog lights do compensate and fill in closer to the car. Changing the headlight globes is a 'mongrel' of a job and the upgraded halogens have a predicted short lifespan so I'll probably have to do it again in the future. Perhaps I should have used used those illegal, long lasting LED globes but I do like the colour of halogens.

REAR SPRINGS - Upgraded rear springs to be fitted soon. I reckon my Navara will be ready for a big, trouble free trip very soon.

Last edited:
Hi Tony
You have the 2.5 or 3 Lt?
Any ideas what happened with your head or have you posted a reason somewhere.

If I was you Gary I fix the leak in in take. Be for I leave on a trip. And keep eye on future leaks.

Mine's only the 2.5L 4cyl, I was just trying to make a point about care and servicing making 'em last longer.

Hi skullbone - success - I re-tightened the intercooler inlet hose again and it appears to have fixed the leak. I will go for a long drive today and keep my eye on it for a little while.

I'm changing the oils in the diffs this week and replacing the front brake pads as well. I recently had the auto. gearbox serviced and it seems to be working well.

ENGINE OIL - I had a problem of a diesel fuel contaminated oil a little while back so I just changed the engine oil 2 days ago which was about 2000km. early - before the scheduled service. The old oil looked pretty good but I changed this new oil to what I hope is a Navara friendly Penrite C4. I'm hoping this problem of contaminated oil was a one off - I'd never had that problem before and I always change my oil and filter on time. I just can't figure out why this happened which is concerning. I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary?

HEADLIGHTS - I put in a set of upgraded Narva 150 watt halogen (legal) headlight globes and took a little time to adjust the low beams correctly. I don't want them being too annoying for oncoming cars. They are fantastic on low beam - big improvement. I do feel the high beam is not illuminating the road very well just infront of the Navara while driving. On high beam the beam appears a little high but the beam does seem to reach further and is a little broader. The Navara's fog lights do compensate and fill in closer to the car. Changing the headlight globes is a 'mongrel' of a job and the upgraded halogens have a predicted short lifespan so I'll probably have to do it again in the future. Perhaps I should have used used those illegal, long lasting LED globes but I do like the colour of halogens.

REAR SPRINGS - Upgraded rear springs to be fitted soon. I reckon my Navara will be ready for a big, trouble free trip very soon.
[/QUOTE fuel in oil injector problems try a good cleaner, info in this forum

2012 stx550 93k on the clock, intercooler replaced twice by Nissan under warranty 30k / 50k, so far thats the only repair.
serviced by Nissan Yarra Valley on time every time,
its Been driven hard and fast from day one.

Hi Guys,
2012 stx550 97k on the clock. No real issues, rotors around 60kms. I have hard piping, after market intercooler, catch can, 3” exhaust and remap. I tow a 2.5t boat occasionally, so wanted more torque, getting upwards of 800Nm now.
Its been a great tow vehicle and awesome ute, starting to think about a replacement, but its hard to replace beat it.

Hi Guys,
2012 stx550 97k on the clock. No real issues, rotors around 60kms. I have hard piping, after market intercooler, catch can, 3” exhaust and remap. I tow a 2.5t boat occasionally, so wanted more torque, getting upwards of 800Nm now.
Its been a great tow vehicle and awesome ute, starting to think about a replacement, but its hard to replace beat it.
Man, that's low Kay's! And 800Nm? I would be hanging on to it!
Or maybe ditch it for a D22😁

Hi everyone,
I'm currently on the hunt for an affordable and reasonably reliable d40 work horse and I came across a very clean 550, although its not advertised as a 550, however, its got over 350kms on the clock, which is probably how it came into my price range.
So my research has led me here, asking if i should consider it or steer clear?
It sounds like the intercooler is the most common problem with them, which I'd assume would have already happened by now. Does anyone know how long these motors should be lasting?

I usually wouldn't think about buying a car with that may kms, but I like the idea of a V6 turbo diesel, it strikes me as the best of both worlds in terms of power and fuel consumption. My last car was a ss ute, loved the power of a v8 but wasn't the best on fuel, especially with the occasional towing and had some difficulty getting into a few jobsites.
The last few weeks I've had a suzuki swift as a hire car... Hate it!! Instantly made me wish I'd just put a new motor in the SS.
Dont know why I'm telling this to strangers on a Navara forum, but it's how I ended up here lol

Latest posts

Back