How Do I Disconnect Fuel Tank Lines 2011 D40 RX Thai Diesel Single Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott52

Reaction score
I'm about to drop my standard tank and install an ARB 132 litre Frontier poly tank.

The two fuel lines from the tank to the engine travel along the top of the LHS chassis rail on their way to the engine bay. I have a Thai build single cab and the connectors are different compared to various YouTube videos and the photographs in the ARB instructions. The type in the instructions are the style I'm used to where you squeeze the tabs on the side and pull them apart.

Please see the photographs below. Are these the style of connector that require the slide in disconnect tool? They're like a collar that you push in to release an internal clip. I've given them a wriggle and tried pulling them but that doesn't work.

IMG_20210505_150159.jpg

IMG_20210505_150241.jpg

I don't know what sort of a connection system is used for the joins in your photos but there should be no need to touch them. The connections at the tank end are a bugger to get off but they do come off. You just need to make sure you depress the two tabs enough, then wiggle it a bit while pulling. To install my new tank I had to remove the tank-end fittings from the hoses, extend the hoses with the supplied joiners and put the bayonet fittings on the end of the new hoses. If you haven't already done so, you'll find it much easier to undo the fittings after you lower the tank a fair way, as that will give much easier access.

I don't know what sort of a connection system is used for the joins in your photos but there should be no need to touch them. The connections at the tank end are a bugger to get off but they do come off. You just need to make sure you depress the two tabs enough, then wiggle it a bit while pulling. To install my new tank I had to remove the tank-end fittings from the hoses, extend the hoses with the supplied joiners and put the bayonet fittings on the end of the new hoses. If you haven't already done so, you'll find it much easier to undo the fittings after you lower the tank a fair way, as that will give much easier access.
Thanks. The instructions call for those lines to be disconnected so I was interested to know what they are. My assumption was correct that they're called "push lock" fittings and you need the special collar tool to push into the female side of the connection. The instructions are written for a twin cab. In my case I have a single cab so the lines at the tank end are accessible. I will disconnect those so I don't have to buy the special tool.

The installation of the ARB Frontier tank was straight forward but physically hard work on my own. I didn't mind the work out as it's good for functional fitness.
The ARB part # TAD116 fits perfectly into my single cab. The only deviation from the instructions was the modification to the filler pipe work.
As the instructions for the tank were for a twin cab the modification documented for the filler tube doesn't work for the single cab.
i worked it out myself ... I had to shorten the tube but not as much as recommended. The job took about four hours one afternoon then about an hour the next morning shortening the filler tube and realigning the tube mounting bracket.

Latest posts

Back