Horrible engine feedback noise inside cab.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjam

Reaction score
I have alot of engine noise inside the cab, alot more noticeable with windows up. (D22 yd25)
Ive noticed at times when driving around that the engine sounds like its misfiring because of the engine noise but it still seems to drive perfectly fine with no issues, just the horrible engine revving noise.
I have checked everything I can think of and the only thing I have found that may have any cause to the issue is the catalytic converter seems to sit partially against the transmission, doesn't seem to be any gap between where it touches, I have tried to move it but its pretty sturdy and won't budge,
20221026_160638.jpg
all the exhaust rubbers are in good condition as well.

I'd definitely be trying to put some air between the exhaust and the transmission.

Is there any sign of black sooty emissions from any of the exhaust, and in particular the join from turbocharger to exhaust manifold?

I'd definitely be trying to put some air between the exhaust and the transmission.

Is there any sign of black sooty emissions from any of the exhaust, and in particular the join from turbocharger to exhaust manifold?
Thankyou for the reply, I think id either have to replace the exhaust or maybe pry it away and jam something in between that could handle the heat and hopefully dampen the vibration.
I am yet to remove the heat shields but I can't see any soot around the turbo or anywhere on the exhaust.

Thankyou for the reply, I think id either have to replace the exhaust or maybe pry it away and jam something in between that could handle the heat and hopefully dampen the vibration.
I am yet to remove the heat shields but I can't see any soot around the turbo or anywhere on the exhaust.

Does the car appear to have an original exhaust manifold or does it look like someone has welded one up and left the turbo at an awkward angle?

Does the car appear to have an original exhaust manifold or does it look like someone has welded one up and left the turbo at an awkward angle?
All completely stock, im the second owner, only owned by an old couple before me, nothing apart from normal service items look to have been replaced.

All completely stock, im the second owner, only owned by an old couple before me, nothing apart from normal service items look to have been replaced.

Ok, that doesn't mean that some mechanic hasn't taken it upon themselves to do something to it. What year model D22? We could ask someone here with the same model to take a pic of the exhaust that passes the gearbox and see what theirs is like.

All completely stock, im the second owner, only owned by an old couple before me, nothing apart from normal service items look to have been replaced
Ok, that doesn't mean that some mechanic hasn't taken it upon themselves to do something to it. What year model D22? We could ask someone here with the same model to take a pic of the exhaust that passes the gearbox and see what theirs is like.
2009 d22 (yd25)
Yes that's understandable but as for the exhaust system, turbo and all other things on the car ibe checked everything looks to have not been tampered with, I've checked the whole exhaust and all seems to be stock and untouched, though the exhaust hanger rubbers look in good condition so maybe have been replaced.
That would be great if someone else could take a picture to give me an idea, I dont have anyone else that owns the same model for me to check otherwise I would have already.

If you can find a piece of thin fibro to jam in it would at least help prove if that is the source. I wouldn't expect it to move without some persuasion though. You haven't bottomed out somewhere have you?

You could get away with something thinner jammed in he gap that isn't heat resistant just to prove whether that is the cause, but you don't want to go more that a few Kay's before removing it

Latest posts

Back