Horn issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambam

Reaction score
Hi all,
So my horn seems to work when it wants to. Have had the clock spring and airbag\horn button looked at. Have narrowed it down a little. When car is off horn will work. When ignition is turned to accessories horn will work. As soon as car is turned on and running horn will not work at all.

Any help appreciated lads.

It seems to work exactly the opposite of the way it's supposed to!

I am wondering if there's a grounding issue. Have you removed the connectors from the back of the horn? Have you unplugged and re-plugged the horn relay? A bad ground might make the horn not work when expected.

Hey old Tony.. mate have had the relay and fuses replaced. Clock spring checked. Not sure if earth was looked at have not pulled wires from horn itself, so will do that myself.

It had a aftermarket head unit in it that was crap, and by replacing some other issues were sorted so replaced that with a much better unit. Have found a couple of strange wires under the dash that go to plugs that no longer have things attached. Whats ur thoughts old Tony ??? Its off to the sparky on wed its got me F$*ked.

Try this one before you send the truck away - grab a wire and connect one of the bolts that holds the dash (or even the battery negative, who cares as long as you've got a guaranteed "battery negative" connection) and connect the other end of the wire to the chassis of the stereo. Try the horn again.

just a long shot, but some people have reported stereo changes have altered the operation of the instrument cluster, which is closely associated with the body control module (BCM) which is responsible for the horn.

Turned out to be a broken wire between the relay and horn. So fresh single wire run from relay in the fuse box across to horn. Simple fix but a pig to find. Thanks for your thoughts Old Tony.

Latest posts

Back