Hi From the USofA

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkylineUSA

Reaction score
I got kicked from the America site because I told the lead dog there that R32s were better than 33s.

My name is Tony, retired USAF (Cheif of Mx), and I own a bunch of R32s. Long stories on each.

I am here to learn more about this platform, well except the engine part. ;)

I just purchased this beut, 2010 with less than 16k on the clock. looking to buy some Fuel D698s 20s. The trucks main purpose will be to pull my GTRs.

Cheers,
Tony

Attachments

• 152787794_586892285633910_7801266763367824485_n.png
    152787794_586892285633910_7801266763367824485_n.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not going to kick you for a choice between R32s or R33s. But I'll get quite ornery if you insist that Trojan is better than Takata.

D698s over here are wheel rims? I'd imagine they'd be cheaper over your way. Over here you pay the cost of the item, plus the import duty, plus the distributor's markup, plus the warehouse holding fee, plus the retail markup.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not going to kick you for a choice between R32s or R33s. But I'll get quite ornery if you insist that Trojan is better than Takata.

D698s over here are wheel rims? I'd imagine they'd be cheaper over your way. Over here you pay the cost of the item, plus the import duty, plus the distributor's markup, plus the warehouse holding fee, plus the retail markup.

Thanks Tony,
I love Takata air bags. :)

Damn, that is a lot of mark up. It looks like the wheels I wanted to run are only sold there, so it looks like I am going all forged.

Welcome. Like your truck and the pic. That is not something you would see in Australia. That much snow that is.

As for 20's on it. Dunno, low profiles on an off road vehicle gives a confusing message to me on what it wants to be ;)

Welcome. Like your truck and the pic. That is not something you would see in Australia. That much snow that is.

As for 20's on it. Dunno, low profiles on an off road vehicle gives a confusing message to me on what it wants to be ;)
Well if that's confusing.....(photo)
Seems pretty common in some parts to have big wheels well outside the guards and ultra low profile tyres. Maybe not to the extreme of the one below lol
IMG_20200928_101117.jpg

Tappet,
This truck will not see any off roads, because there are not many off roads sites where I live. Hence me building it to be my light tow/commuter vehicle. I have taken a few course in aerodynamics, and plan on seeing if I can increase its MPG as well. I don't look at things like most people that is for sure, because my background.

As for snow, we get dumped on during winter here in Buffalo NY. I grew up in the desert, Phoenix AZ. If I still lived there, this truck would be built differently, that is for sure.

Attachments

• Fulton.jpg
    Fulton.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 17
  • FultonASOS.jpg
    FultonASOS.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Too cold for me - except maybe for a quick visit to see what it’s like.

What engine/transmission do you have in your truck?

I grew up in dry 50c summer day type of climate (Arizona the Grand Canyon State) and never thought I could get use to the cold, but yet here I am. :)

I have a 4.0 liter, V6, 6 speed manual. My wife insisted we get a manual. We are the very few here that have all manual cars.

I am audiophile at heart, so I will be installing a fairly high end system, with a floating display head unit. Of course sound deadening the heck out of the cab. The stock stereo in my truck sounds like it is being broadcast in AM. It SUCKS!!!!

I live about 20mins from Canada, and Niagara Falls.

Great Pics Skyline. Thanks for posting.

Have been though your neck off the woods. Done a few road trips in the US and Canada, never disappointed.

When I was in the USAF, we have couple of sites down there (Comms and Solar Telescope) I tried to get a spot a few times. But, they sent me to Europe (12 years), and the Caribbean (2 years) instead. Maybe one day we can make it down there.

Latest posts

Back