Hi From New Zealand

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Drake

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say thanks for this forum, however was wondering who else in this grouop is from NZ?

Just recently purchased a 2013 Nissan Navara ST
130,000kms, 6sp Manual

Absolutly loving the truck dont have many photos atm, but currently sat on 285/50R20 rims and tyres, factory height. Long term goals for this truck is to get it up on 35's - still doing my research. for now i have just ordered a 2" body lift which i will install this weekend. I have a 2" suspension lift coming in the mail, along with a 3" stainless exhuast system and an XROX Bullbar. Once body lift is in, its getting sent to engineers for a custom 4" stainless snorkel and airbox. Planning to get the KutSnake mudflares as well. Let me know if you guys would like me to keep you updated, and also let me know what your D40 Navs are looking like and where you're from!
Nav.jpg

Welcome to the forum. There's a couple of people here from the LOTLWC, so you're not alone.

35s are very large tyres, you might need to (re)move some of the inner guard in the front. It might be possible to heat the inner guards to bend them to suit. Also keep an eye on the UCAs, stock ones don't allow more than about 45mm of lift without causing problems. There are aftermarket UCAs that resolve this.

The tread on those Monsta Terrain Gripper tyres look more like highway than AT (but fine for the surface you were on). Are your rears getting close to the wear markers or is that just the camera making it look that way?

Once you put the new guards on, are you changing the wheel offset? New rims or just adapter plates? I don't know how they go in NZ, but adapters are illegal over this side of the Tasman Creek here in Nanny Country (Australia).

So I've actually just finished installing the 2" body lift and have done the 2" lift in the front, the rear still needs doing. as you stated the UCA's do touch the top of the shock under full flex so I will be sorting that out. Regards to the 35's I have some i can try on next week. I'm happy and expecting the rear guards need cut a little bit bigger. With the front I have a bullbar on the way so the front of the wheel arches should be okay depending on offset, the rear of the front guards will need cutting im expecting as well. Will be getting new rims and 35's once im happy. In regards with offset im now not fully sure about the KutSnake flares, if i want to fill them ill need a large ofset rim, which in fact may give me more issues and therefore 35's wont fit and would hit the inside of the flares. still lots to figure out on my end but ticking through things slowly. But yes, Adaper plates are legal in NZ - you just need to get a cert for them

As you can see from photo's - body lift is in, only the front suspension lift is in

Attachments

• IMG-8487.jpg
    IMG-8487.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG-8486.jpg
    IMG-8486.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG-8479.jpg
    IMG-8479.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
Adaper plates are legal in NZ - you just need to get a cert for them
its not quite that simple, as you may not get a cert for them.
also keep in mind the cert covers everything and any changes requires new cert. the common trap is changing wheels, even back to stock.

Latest posts

Back