Hi, everyone. Newbie from Philippines

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leonardo Abad

Reaction score
I have a CJ720 GPS tracker and I need help to identify the (color of wire) which goes to my oil pump line wire. So that I could connect the blue wire (87a) & green wire (30) of the GPS relay tracker. Thanks.

really?
if you can't find an oil pressure switch should you be installing anything electrical ??

not trolling ya here, just don't want you to make a mess of your navara.

Just wondering why you need the oil pump wire for the GPS? rather than any other acc? wire
its probably just an easy one to get an "engine is running" signal from without risking problems. if you tap into ecu or alternator you run the risk of the gps gear interfering with ecu or alt.
also its really easy find.

Yes but that means you need to start engine prior to setting up the GPS and leave it running when you stop to keep GPS on, have a Nissan android head unit for the GPS in mine which is triggered by the acc lead but even so would probably just use that anyway if I had a standalone GPS, also you wouldn't need to use a relay then either but I would use a fuse suitable for the GPS.

Yes but that means you need to start engine prior to setting up the GPS and leave it running when you stop to keep GPS on, have a Nissan android head unit for the GPS in mine which is triggered by the acc lead but even so would probably just use that anyway if I had a standalone GPS, also you wouldn't need to use a relay then either but I would use a fuse suitable for the GPS.
Bit late, but anyway. The purpose of tapping into the oil pressure switch in this case would be so the GPS module sends an alert to the person monitoring it that the engine has started. In his case, alerting the motor is running and someone is trying to steal the vehicle. That's the only reason I can see that you'd want a GPS tracker fitted anyway... Unless it is to monitor an employee who uses the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back