HELP with buying a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so I am going to look at a 2006 ZD30 D22. Just wondering what are any common issues to look for when inspecting/ driving and anything major to look out for with this model. Are there any disastrous problems with these engines, I know all about the grenading with the earlier ZD30 Patrols but what about the navs. Car has done 190,000kms. Any tips will help me out.
Cheers

No real disastrous issues. If the EGR is already blocked your good, so ask about that. Otherwise block it early and perhaps give the inlet manifold a clean. The biggest other concern is the injection pump but it is not that common a problem. It is just really hard to diagnose it. And expensive if it does die.
Check around the turbo for excessive oil leakage
And make sure to get it up to temp on your test drive

But don't worry, most people on here have had a long trouble free life out of there ZD30s and there is plenty of info and help on here if you do run into trouble

so I am going to look at a 2006 ZD30 D22. Just wondering what are any common issues to look for when inspecting/ driving and anything major to look out for with this model. Are there any disastrous problems with these engines, I know all about the grenading with the earlier ZD30 Patrols but what about the navs. Car has done 190,000kms. Any tips will help me out.
Cheers
There doesn't seem any inherent disaster issues to worry about with the old zd30 model Navs. They seem as successful as the Patrols were a failure. While any car can conk it, the '04-'06 models made in Japan were some of the best Navs they made (for reliability). Check for oil leaks (a small amount around turbo is normal) especially underneath for rear main seal. If it has been serviced regularly, that's not many kms.

Paid $6000, 2 years ago for a 2005 STR with 230'000 km. One owner Can't rate it high enough. All factory, only the starter motor had been replaced. I had manifold checked with inspection camera, clean as a whistle. I have blanked, butterfly and catch can which has stopped seeping oil around turbo and runs slightly cooler. Only issues were rust, check carefully around windscreen, I have had to cut out and reweld sections on sides and top of windscreen. Also on the roof. It's got a couple of long road trips under the belt, I completely trust it. Great towing vehicle and not too thirsty. Love the zd30

Latest posts

Back