Quantcast

Help needed re Ironman canopy

The Navara Forum

Help Support The Navara Forum:

Jase VB

Reaction score
I need a bit of help if possible.
Does anyone have an Ironman canopy on their D22? If so, I need some measurements.

Story is, I've bought a 2nd hand HSP canopy with no rear window. All searches are coming back to HSP having no parts, but telling me the Ironman 'Thermo-plas' canopy is identical.

I've spoken to Ironman, they have one rear window in the country, in Brisbane. I'm in Victoria.
They can't/won't give me any specifications on mounting hole and glass dimensions - basically saying I'd need to purchase the window for $530 to do any measurements.

...so... Anyone have an Ironman canopy who can give me some measurements??

Cheers in advance.

JesseD22

Reaction score
This one? Its on a long tub if that matters, happy to help.
On a side note, chasing a window for the right side...
Canopy window.jpg

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
^ In case it helps you with your chase for the right hand side ... my experience may help. Different canopy, I know, but the glass on yours looks "flat" and this worked for me. Unfortunately it won't work for the OP who can't do what I'm about to describe.

Long story short: my left hand window was smashed while the car was being loaded. Replacement cost was $900 and I was a little short on cash at the time. Quick call to a signage company and got some nicely matched tinted 3mm perspex that was cut to the correct height and length and all I had to do was cut the curves for the corners then mark and drill the holes (and give the edges a little rounding off so they didn't cut your fingers!).

It was perfect, you couldn't actually tell that it was a perspex window without knowing that the window was supposed to have a slight outward curve. I still have it, it will fit left or right side all I need to do is fit the appropriate parts off the broken one.

Oh, and it only cost me under $50 for the piece ... and some of my time.

JesseD22

Reaction score
Thanks tony, been thinking the same thing, although was considering black checker plate. Bit stronger and dont really need the windows as such anyway

Latest posts