Help - Navara in limp mode day after purchase

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy way to check the NPS is flick the heat switch on in neutral. Then try putting it into gear. If the NPS is faulty the revs won’t drop
Ok, tried that - the revs did drop when I put it in gear - so I guess that's that one ruled out *sigh*. It's a dual battery system and we discovered one battery is dead (one on left looking from front), but hooking up a good battery made no difference. The batteries don't seem to be working in parallel - is that normal? Anyhow running out of things to try. Blocked muffler unlikely as it looks quite new. Have checked earths by measuring ohms - running at about 1.0. I've heard about the SCV - could that cause this issue?

Hi there, I had a very similar problem with my 2009 D22 and it was the suction control valve (SCV). I bought an upgraded SCV from the guys at chip tuning (online). It is a simple job that you can do yourself but before you do make sure that area around the SCV is spotlessly clean as even a small amount of crap getting in there can cause an even worse problem than you have now. There is a wealth of info on there website about what a SCV does and what effect it has on the engine when it is not working properly or at all. Here is a link to there site Front Page - Chip Tuning Australia
All the best and hope that you get to bottom of it soon.

Right - we tried bypassing the fuel filter and problem remained. Must be something electronic that's not being recognised as an engine fault. Given up for now 😭

Hi there, I had a very similar problem with my 2009 D22 and it was the suction control valve (SCV). I bought an upgraded SCV from the guys at chip tuning (online). It is a simple job that you can do yourself but before you do make sure that area around the SCV is spotlessly clean as even a small amount of crap getting in there can cause an even worse problem than you have now. There is a wealth of info on there website about what a SCV does and what effect it has on the engine when it is not working properly or at all. Here is a link to there site Front Page - Chip Tuning Australia
All the best and hope that you get to bottom of it soon.
Thanks - I'll look into that too.

Hello, thought I'd let folk now that $450 later, Navara is fixed - yay!! Turns out it was the plug n play idrive thingy that was in it when purchased. Must have gone wrong. I'd tried turning it off to no avail, but once fully removed car ran great! Found a really knowledgeable mechanic who put my mind at rest by saying they rarely saw problems with the D22, but that the D40 was (in his words) "shocking" - oof. Thank you to all for your suggestions! Hope this helps some people too 😊

Latest posts

Back