help for 2004 YD25 engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcard

Reaction score
Hello! I'm from Portugal, and I need some help to read error codes from this engine.

I already try one ELM 327 bluetooth:
1623359022676.png

one delphy (clone):
1623359066195.png

and the method of:
turn key on, wait 3 seconds
5 times throttle pedal.....and so on...

none of this work for me.
there is some trick?
the engine is YD25 with the Bosch VP44 pump version, and sometimes the engine light turn on and loses power, but I was not able to read the error code yet.

Thanks guys!

Hello! I'm from Portugal, and I need some help to read error codes from this engine.

I already try one ELM 327 bluetooth:
View attachment 35323
one delphy (clone):
View attachment 35324
and the method of:
turn key on, wait 3 seconds
5 times throttle pedal.....and so on...

none of this work for me.
there is some trick?
the engine is YD25 with the Bosch VP44 pump version, and sometimes the engine light turn on and loses power, but I was not able to read the error code yet.

Thanks guys!
Have you tried this?

No idea if it works for the yd25 model or if it's zd30 only.

https://www.nissan-navara.net/threads/how-to-get-dtc-whitout-a-code-reader-on-d22.108917/
Otherwise you might have to try the "turn key on, wait three seconds etc" method again, can take a few goes to get it right apparently.

Last edited:
ps. this works on an '04 with zd30 but again, not sure with yd25. We didn't get the d22 with that motor over here until about '08.

Last edited:
ps. this works on an '04 with zd30 but again, not sure with yd25. We didn't get the d22 with that motor over here until about '08.
luck for you guys, this engine is not very reliable ( my neighbor has already on 3º engine, and in portugal is not "legal" any type of swap to other engine model)

luck for you guys, this engine is not very reliable ( my neighbor has already on 3º engine, and in portugal is not "legal" any type of swap to other engine model)
i understand the issue with those engines is the conrod bolts. replace them and probably the bearings as well and it should be fine.

Latest posts

Back