Help! 2013D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaoticpom

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Need help locating a clamp for the turbo air intake valve (I think it's that. Photo below) anywhere I could get one.

Second question is, what is it connected to? (Other picture below) I've seen that it may be a silencer, is it needed and if not, can I take it of and replace the whole pipe with a metal pipe like so? https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/plazmaman-plzm-0093

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Only got the Nav 3 months ago and I have no mechanical clue as to what to do!
Screenshot_20201203-094435_Drive.jpg
20201203_125932.jpg

The item circled is a baffle, designed to accelerate the airstream and quieten the noise after the air leaves the turbocharger (which adds a lot of sound to the airstream, bottom picture in the lower right). Hose clamps are just bloody big ones, and should be obtainable from any place that sells air hosing (Supercheap Auto sell intercooler hosing, so they'd have to have the clamps too).

The hose circled in the first picture is just a hose capable of handling moderate pressure air, passing it from the turbocharger (affixed to the engine, and moving with the engine) to the intercooler (fixed to the body, and not moving). That's the reason for using rubber hosing. You could replace it with metal if both ends had good flexible connections allowing for engine movement, but unless you're getting ballooning under boost, you won't get a lot of benefit from spending the money apart from the satisfaction of having a bright (insert colour of choice here) pipe instead of the mundane-looking black rubber one.

The item circled is a baffle, designed to accelerate the airstream and quieten the noise after the air leaves the turbocharger (which adds a lot of sound to the airstream, bottom picture in the lower right). Hose clamps are just bloody big ones, and should be obtainable from any place that sells air hosing (Supercheap Auto sell intercooler hosing, so they'd have to have the clamps too).

The hose circled in the first picture is just a hose capable of handling moderate pressure air, passing it from the turbocharger (affixed to the engine, and moving with the engine) to the intercooler (fixed to the body, and not moving). That's the reason for using rubber hosing. You could replace it with metal if both ends had good flexible connections allowing for engine movement, but unless you're getting ballooning under boost, you won't get a lot of benefit from spending the money apart from the satisfaction of having a bright (insert colour of choice here) pipe instead of the mundane-looking black rubber one.
Thanks for that info. I have just been quoted $2000 by a Nissan dealer to replace the ‚turbo silencer connector‘ which I believe is the baffle you refer to above. The part apparently costs an unbelievable $1400. Dealer hasn‘t precisely stated what the problem is, but there was old dried oil beneath the part and at connection to hose. I cleaned this off and will monitor and listen for problems before going ahead. Meantime any advice and how critical is this component? Does presence of oil there indicate a possible problem with the turbocharger or other component?

The part is useless.

It's purely there to quiet things down. Engine-operation-functionally, it does nothing. In fact, if you get a hard pipe to replace the rubber hoses, this component is removed.

If you are seeing oil under it, and from one of the hoses, the only thing you have is a bad hose at worst - or more likely, a loose one.

Someone's trying to take your money. Don't let them. At the absolute worst you're up for a new hose - but I doubt that. Check the clamp isn't loose, and also make sure it's not so tight that it's crimping the rubber.

BTW, the oil (inside the pipe!) is normal.

sounds like typical stealership rip off.

i would just get one of the hard pipe kits and replace the lot. the flexi hose is a known source of problems.

Latest posts

Back