Hello my Name is Steve I have a Navara 2018 Techna 2.3 twin Turbo Auto 7 speed gearbox.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capco

Reaction score
I bought the car over a week ago took it out up the motorway for a run and thought I would check out the gear box manual mode once I got up to 70 mph when I moved the stick over to manual mode I noticed it was doing 70mph and was doing it in 5th gear only so my question is why was it not in 7th gear or do I have to do the 6th and 7th gears as overdrive manually ?
Any help on this matter would be great . Nissan Navara 2.3 ltr twin turbo 7 speed auto 2018.

Last edited:
in the 'sports / manual' mode you'll more than likely have to push it a few more mph to be able to select 6 and 7.

I've had a few cars like this where the manual mode is more of a sports mode and is speed controlled to when you get the next gears available.

Even in my D40, I could be in 4th when in Auto, but if I slide it over to the manual mode it won't let me bump up a gear until I get some speed, whereas in normal driving it will change to higher gears quickly to the point of it annoying me.

I can't 100% say this is what Nissan has done, but from my multiple cars with similar boxes, they all tend to behave like this.

Mine is the same ,according to the head mechanic at the dealer this is what they are supposed to do,don,t know why thats just the way it is.

Latest posts

Back