Hello from South Australia

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Reaction score
Morning all…

thought I’d say hello from our lovely spot in S.A. I own “Goose”, a white 2006 D40 which until recently has given 208,000 trouble free travelling… whilst trying to research possible reasons for our issuse found this site so thought I’d join in…

E7FB31EA-AC30-4C48-8B10-01347BC06A04.jpeg

Gday Mate and Welcome!

GOOSE looks well kept and in good shape. What is the issue you are having?

Thanks for the welcome... the issue i think is turbo related... lost all boost pressure and plumes of black smoke from unburnt fuel coming out rear end... have replaced the boost control valve, the map sensor. Have check the intercooler hose, the vacuum hoses. The MAF sensor visually appears fine and no fault codes are coming up on the scanner... so am starting to think it might be more mechanical rather than electrical in nature... hence why i thought it prudent to research potential other possibilities... car not in limp mode... can drive above 2,500rpm easily just running as a non-turbo so VERY slow to accelerate...

I'd check the EGR valve to make sure it's not stuck. The 2006 D40 diesel is easy to check: remove the gasket from the intake-manifold end of the gold tube that runs around the front of the motor and replace it with an identical gasket that's only got the bolt holes, just accidentally missing the large central hole.

Hope that fixes the problem.

Latest posts

Back