Hello all from Scotland , help needed plz

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott-np300

Reaction score
Hi guys thought i would drop my first message here since its my first post and a newbie.

Im from Scotland and currently own a 2016 nissan navara np300 for the last 2 years .

The pickup itself has been pretty good but unfortunately now has been causing me issues and nissan have had it in there possession for considerable times fixing these .

Corrosion issues
Front Sonar issues
Sump gasket issues
Door seal issues
Battery issues
Faulty egr

A few off the top of my head

Rescently after just replacing egr with new one im certain i have injector faults as car is still sluggish after nissans diagnosis of faulty egr and when under heavy throttle the revs are sometimes blipping/dancing on the rev gauge and struggling it seems to gain speed at times .
Mostly seems to be around 2k -3.5k revs and car won't climb more than 96mph
Acceleration just seems so poor

Starting to really get fed up with the money im pumping into this Rescently for just over a 5 year old car .

Appreciate all input from others that may be able to assist with my issues or direct me mechanically where i should start or if i should or can get injectors checked ?

Attachments

• 20210320_140724.jpg
    20210320_140724.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Corrosion issues
Front Sonar issues
Sump gasket issues
Door seal issues
Battery issues
Faulty egr

Sounds like they are taking you for a ride.

Corrosion- In your country that is likely the as you will know better than me. Roads can be salted. Mostly it is usually surface on the chassis and is an easy fix. If you can use your garden hose after driving on a salted road it will help. Gotta be proactive here.

Front Sonar- I'm guessing it is parking proximity sensors. You don't need them anyway.

Sump Gasket- Just tighten the bolts a little. My D40 sump did look a little weepy after about 5 years. Gave the bolts a slight tweak. Haven't had any oil residue what so ever since.

Door Seals.- Striker Alignment is the answer here. Easy fix to. Unless the seals are physically damaged

Battery issues. Do a load test. Either it passes or it doesn't. Replace battery when stuffed. Being in Scotland go for the biggest CCA Batt that will fit in the hole. Easy

Faulty Egr. Best bet- Block it. There is a kit to do it. Like fool the ECU.

Next step run some fuel conditioner/Injector clean though it. Remove Intercooler and flush out accumulated oil and I'm sure it will be fine. Generally injectors in Navaras are fairly reliable and don't give to much trouble.

Really mate, all of the above is routine maintenance on such a vehicle. If you can hold a spanner it is easy basic work. If you can't (that's ok btw) get a mate who can. Dealers or Mechanical workshops will rip you off blind. It will be nothing personal just a matter of survival for them. :)

BTW It is a neat looking NP300 and neat looking/ fitting canopy.

Thanks so much for your reply

All the above issues have been replaced under warranty thankfully apart from egr where i had to cover labour costs as just out warranty.

My issue now is im sure the injectors

I have put some wynns formula gold diesel system treatment in a tank of fuel so hoping it dirty injectors who knows

Sorry that I can't help with your problems but I'm intrigued why you want to go more than 96mph. Maybe I'm just too old?
Not sure about the Navara but our other ute is limited to under 100mph by the ECU. Not that I have tried but it has been a topic of discussion and as the ECU is encrypted in that one, the only way around it is a new ECU.
Did the NP300 push past 96mph previously?

Hi guys thought i would drop my first message here since its my first post and a newbie.

Im from Scotland and currently own a 2016 nissan navara np300 for the last 2 years .

The pickup itself has been pretty good but unfortunately now has been causing me issues and nissan have had it in there possession for considerable times fixing these .

Corrosion issues
Front Sonar issues
Sump gasket issues
Door seal issues
Battery issues
Faulty egr

A few off the top of my head

Rescently after just replacing egr with new one im certain i have injector faults as car is still sluggish after nissans diagnosis of faulty egr and when under heavy throttle the revs are sometimes blipping/dancing on the rev gauge and struggling it seems to gain speed at times .
Mostly seems to be around 2k -3.5k revs and car won't climb more than 96mph
Acceleration just seems so poor

Starting to really get fed up with the money im pumping into this Rescently for just over a 5 year old car .

Appreciate all input from others that may be able to assist with my issues or direct me mechanically where i should start or if i should or can get injectors checked ?
Hello from palestine :) love for Scotland.

I know it is illegal in your country but we simply remove DPF and delete EGR ,all problems will be solved and you will add HPs to your motor.

You can get paid a 300$ for DPF here and it is all legal

Sorry that I can't help with your problems but I'm intrigued why you want to go more than 96mph. Maybe I'm just too old?
Not sure about the Navara but our other ute is limited to under 100mph by the ECU. Not that I have tried but it has been a topic of discussion and as the ECU is encrypted in that one, the only way around it is a new ECU.
Did the NP300 push past 96mph previously?

Hi thanks for your response

Regarding the speed i don't travel around at this speed but was curious to see how well it would pull nearer the top end compared to before my issues and its was climbing in acceleration poorly .

Yes my navara would keep climbing easily over this speed prior to my issue .

I have put some system cleaner in the fuel tonight so ill give it a few days and see if there's any improvement but it has been very noticeable under heavy acceleration that the engine doesn't seem to want to pick up speed as a twin turbo 190bhp lump should.
Plus the rev gauge dial was dropping and spiking under heavy throttle leading me to think injectors issue .

Thanks

Hello from palestine :) love for Scotland.

I know it is illegal in your country but we simply remove DPF and delete EGR ,all problems will be solved and you will add HPs to your motor.

You can get paid a 300$ for DPF here and it is all legal

Thanks for your response

Iv heard so much debates regarding the dpf and egr deletes and pros/cons i decided just to replace the egr as got nissan to eventually cover the £800 part and i just paid labour costs for fitment.

Plus no issue with mots here in uk etc

i would be checking electrical.
i wonder in the work that they have not damaged or not plugged in very well, the crank angle and cam sensor.
that would cause gauge to bounce around and probably play havoc with fueling etc.
edit: also any earths that may not be reconnected.

also recommend new fuel filter (dealers often don't replace them to make $$), especially if the cleaner has loosened up some crap in the tank.
also check if there is a fueling reset, that was an issue with previous models.

also may pay to do the throttle and egr relearn procedure to, in case they forgot to.

also may pay to do the throttle and egr relearn procedure to, in case they forgot to.
Hi thanks for your reply regarding my issue , do you know the relearn procedure on an np300 ?

My cruise control now isn't working either car also feels like its hit a wall at 2.5/3k revs
Instant lack of power

Reset ECU in cabin without battery disconnect. Car is an Australian delivered 2012 Nissan X-trail but should also work for most nissan models 2006+ . Written instructions below... 1) Put the car in "ON" mode (cars with intelligent key press the start button twice with foot off the brake to put car in "ON" mode without starting the car) 2) Within three seconds of the car turning to "ON" (again NOT started), Floor (all the way down) and release the accelerator pedal fully 5 times within 5 seconds. Do not do this too fast.. 1..2..3..4..5 3) Wait about 7 seconds then floor the accelerator pedal and hold for 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds the Check Engine Light will start to blink slowly. 4) Release the pedal and floor it down once again and hold for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the check engine light will disappear then begin to flash much more rapidly. After you have done the following turn the car off and then back on. The Ecu is now reset This is all about timing so try until you get it right! I've been using this on my 2007 nissan skyline (Infiniti G37) & have also done this on a 2006 350z and a 2006 Tiida so this method should work for most nissans 2006+ if not earlier.

Only just saw this and it seems the op has the similar fault to me which was the SCV and if he follows the steps above it should fix it or at least find out what it is if not the SCV, could be EGR but if it was mine here I would get the ECU remapped with EGR deleted electronically not so many problems here.

I have an STX-550 diesel V6 and had some problems similar to yours, replaced the SCV - problem still there, replaced the fuel filter - problem still there. Finally with the help of an OBD II device found that the number 5 glow plug was the problem, there was enough glow to start the engine and idle after that everything went pear shaped. Bought a set of glow plugs off Ebay and all is OK.

I have an STX-550 diesel V6 and had some problems similar to yours, replaced the SCV - problem still there, replaced the fuel filter - problem still there. Finally with the help of an OBD II device found that the number 5 glow plug was the problem, there was enough glow to start the engine and idle after that everything went pear shaped. Bought a set of glow plugs off Ebay and all is OK.
Interesting definately worth checking this then far cheaper fix than looking down injectors etc

My cruise control stopped working today now also not sure if it may be related somehow who knows

Interesting definately worth checking this then far cheaper fix than looking down injectors etc

My cruise control stopped working today now also not sure if it may be related somehow who knows
The cruise control is probably related to the lack of ability to bring the revs to the correct speed? but before doing anything do the procedure that Izzibri suggested it seems to work on all nissans, I do have a cheaper DIY OBD11 device and while I only found which ABS sensor was causing a problem on the D22 it picked up 14 faults on our Ford Territory that I was unaware of. Autel Elite DiagLink OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner All System Auto Car Code Reader New 98841560227 | eBay Quite happy we had the low tech D22 here until 2015.

Last edited:
Next step run some fuel conditioner/Injector clean though it. Remove Intercooler and flush out accumulated oil and I'm sure it will be fine. Generally injectors in Navaras are fairly reliable and don't give to much trouble.
Are you allowed to put a catch can on in the UK? as that stops or cuts down intercooler oil and reduces dirty oil in sump, usually done with an EGR block here.

Are you allowed to put a catch can on in the UK? as that stops or cuts down intercooler oil and reduces dirty oil in sump, usually done with an EGR block here.
Hi thanks for your reply
Not sure re catch can here in uk but know that our mot checks are pretty strict relating to any mods to emission controlling parts to the vehicle and will be a fail unless u know someone 😉

Ill get this linked upto an obd2 reader asap to try get some fault codes although no error lights on dash .

No problem fitting a catch can in the UK. Like most countries blocking the EGR is not allowed.

Quick update on my issue
Had it linked up today and it flagged a boost solenoid issue .
Would explain the cruise control not working also .

Ordered a new boost solenoid from nissan to get fitted start week so ill update with hopefully good news of a fix

Latest posts

Back