Heavy Duty Idler Arm/Bracket

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumo

Reaction score
Hello all,

My mechanic has told me that my idler arm needs to be replaced. At the moment, my ute is completely stock. I do plan to put a 2" suspension lift on it before long, however I plan on keeping the stock wheel and tire size for now. Is there any advantage to getting a "heavy duty" idler arm, or the brackets that offer extra support around the mounting area?

Thanks

Hello all,

My mechanic has told me that my idler arm needs to be replaced. At the moment, my ute is completely stock. I do plan to put a 2" suspension lift on it before long, however I plan on keeping the stock wheel and tire size for now. Is there any advantage to getting a "heavy duty" idler arm, or the brackets that offer extra support around the mounting area?

Thanks
I'm skeptical of things in general that are claimed to be "heavy duty". Not always of course, some things are obviously heavy duty, but often it amounts to marketing (and higher price).

At any rate the factory standard parts designed for this car are excellent quality, so anything of comparable quality would be ok. Especially if you are keeping stock wheels and tyres.

Hi man, the idler arms have always been an issue "on all" cars for wearing! A Mazda a had used them like tyres, actually quicker lol you'll find bush kits for most makes and models..
There is no Heavy Duty ARM that "I" know of?, there's a "H.D Bracket" a few mobs make.. Yes, highly advisable to use, stock or lifted, they spread the load better between the two bushes.. adds to bush life and tighter steering eh
There is the "steering box mod" that replaces it! lol that's just genius indeed.. H.D draglinks help too...

Back