Heater stuck in one setting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timnz94

Reaction score
hey there , I’m new to this forum, I have a 06 d40 navara over here in nz.
Iv just come across this problem after I was putting a gps tracker in , I blew the radio fuse beside the glove box and I replaced it , now my heater fan works on all stages but the temperature and adjusting it to window feet etc won’t work so it’s stuck on feet , and iv noticed when driving at night the lights won’t show up on the heater , like even the ac back window heater etc don’t work or light up , iv Checked all the fuses but can’t find anything wrong , does anyone have some tips etc what iv done wrong , thanks so much in advance 😊

We've not seen this problem here (that I recall, and admittedly I'm getting older and may just be entering my "Jerry Hatrick" phase of life). However, it might be related to an old problem D40 owners have had - the earth point for the radio. There's been no indication that the air conditioning controls or lighting for those are connected to the instrument cluster, but it wouldn't surprise me - the instrument cluster shares an earth with the radio and if that earth fails, the radio has to do the task of earthing for the instruments and this can cause all sorts of erratic behaviour.

If the air con controls also share that ... this might be the cause of the problem. The previous fix (that might work for you, and is worth testing because it doesn't cost anything and might just work) is to temporarily connect the frame of the radio directly to one of the main bolts that hold the dash underneath (which should go directly to the bodywork, but you could also test on one of the pedals' bolts too).

Latest posts

Back