Headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damgud987

Reaction score
Hi all what do you think are good bulbs i have leds in but to be honest put the high beam on and not much difference or would a light bar be good? Many thanks

I have a light bar on mine, it's excellent, but then those little packs of glow-in-the-dark stickers are better than my headlights.

I've thought about getting LED H4 globes (for my motorcycle as well) but most of the ones that have decent emitter placement to match the halogen reflector also have large heatsinks on the back and I am not sure I can fit those in with the large battery I have in there.

Hi all what do you think are good bulbs i have leds in but to be honest put the high beam on and not much difference or would a light bar be good? Many thanks
The Kings 9" LED driving lights are one of the best bang for your bucks you'll find. At $109 a pair they're cheap enough to carry a spare. I'm never comfortable with a $1000 worth of driving lights on the bull bar as they're so easily damaged when you're in the bush.

Kings are a funny store in that some of the stuff is rubbish but other things are very good. Their LED lights and light bars are great and their LED headlight bulbs are pretty good. I put a set of the H4 LED's in my D40 headlights and they're a big improvement on the standard halogens.

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/4w...84m-19-796-lumens-fitted-with-osram-leds.html
These lights are amazing. They say 1 lux at 1384m. Last year on an expedition we decided to test their claim as 1 lux is enough light to read a newspaper.

We got one of the fellows to sit in a chair on the side of the track with a hand held UHF and a newspaper. The track was straight and flat for 1km so we decided that was good enough.

I drove off and turned around at one kilometre. Our test newspaper reader was sitting in the pitch dark with his back to me unable to see a thing. I flicked the 9" LEDs on and the message came back ... "It works ... I can read the paper!" That was a good enough test for me.

I've done many remote trips with these lights are they're still in as new condition. The lenses are still clear and there's no moisture or dust ingress. I bought the 7" set for my van and they're almost as good and I know they'd pass the 1km newspaper test to.

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/h4-led-replacement-headlight-kit.html

Last edited:
I have a light bar on mine, it's excellent, but then those little packs of glow-in-the-dark stickers are better than my headlights.

I've thought about getting LED H4 globes (for my motorcycle as well) but most of the ones that have decent emitter placement to match the halogen reflector also have large heatsinks on the back and I am not sure I can fit those in with the large battery I have in there.
Hi Tony, I have a D22 YD25 with two crank batteries. I couldn't get my hands in there to fit the lights with the large heat sink. Paid the guy at Autobarn (smaller hands than mine). I also run a light bar and a pair of 100w driving lights. Clears the cows before I get to them.

Hi Tony, I have a D22 YD25 with two crank batteries. I couldn't get my hands in there to fit the lights with the large heat sink. Paid the guy at Autobarn (smaller hands than mine). I also run a light bar and a pair of 100w driving lights. Clears the cows before I get to them.

At one point I had 1x120W light bar, 2x130W halogen driving lights, 2x40W light bars on the roof and upgraded headlight globes to 90W each (IPF Fatboys - no, I don't recommend these).

The result?

I'm driving along, happy as Larry, roo steps on the road and BANG it's cooked before I get to it. Great, it saved preparing meals in the van.

But the problem was when another car approached. With my eyes accustomed to all that light, when I flicked it to low beam it was like I'd switched the lights off.

Found out it was the bulbs mine was 4 sided so the light just beamed out everywhere so changed them for 2 sided loads better but would still like a light bar

I notice Kings have put these on special today for $49 a pair ... that's cheap.

1670021678752.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back