Headlight upgrade to led...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played around with LED’s over the years and they all have one thing in common. Low beam has lots of light but high beam is not much brighter or focused than low beam. If u go for more lumens ( brightness) u just light up the road signs -to the point it becomes a worry. Especially the big green ones.
Now have HID ‘s. Don’t turn night into day, but put the light where it’s useful-on the road. Beam pattern is factory. Best thing about them is the hi/low switching, the bulb/element moves instead one element switching off and another switching on. Truly makes a big difference. A small single row led bar for when I need light just in front of me and to the sides I don’t need to see two kms down the road. Half a km is fine.
Dearer than normal bulbs, but under $200 from memory. Kit had everything.
Thanks for that, was thinking LED's but was thinking HID in the beginning, but i'm sure they weren't $200.

Pays to get good ballast and match outputs. Otherwise lots of radio interference and such. Pays to look around on the internet and ask questions. Like most things, chap is not necessarily cheap in the long run

Pays to get good ballast and match outputs. Otherwise lots of radio interference and such. Pays to look around on the internet and ask questions. Like most things, chap is not necessarily cheap in the long run
So what is the easiest upgrade for d40 headlights? Appears to be lots of options available but I am after something that is simple to do

Latest posts

Back