Headlight, Indicators & Tail Lights failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEXV

Reaction score
My 07 VSK D40 has just developed a complete loss of the headlights, indicators & tail lights, as well as the dash light. I've checked all the fuses (using my multimeter) in all 4 fuse boxes as well as visually checking the big fuses on the positive battery terminal. All appear to be sound. I've skimmed through the D40 manual for a bit, but have come away even more confused as to what the issue may be, nonetheless the solution. All the local Auto-Sparkies here are flat out and aren't available any time soon to have a look at the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

All of those lights are driven by the Body Control Module. If your central locking is still working, the BCM is probably fine, so it will be a connection somewhere between the BCM and the light controls.

There are relays and fuses in the engine bay that govern these, there's a black box high in the bay near the ABS unit, and another sitting a bit lower behind this first one. The lower one should be checked, it has a lot of fuses and connections.

Testing a fuse with a multimeter is good, but not definitive - oxidisation or debris on the fuse's legs are just as effective as a blown fuse. Simply remove the fuse and put it back in to fix this.

Now, just in case the BCM isn't working (and this is a long-shot, but comes from knowing one silly fact about the assembly of the Navara's electrics), grab a black wire and connect the chassis of the stereo to one of the main support bolts for the dash. If this works, it means the Body Control Module is similarly earthed to the instrument cluster (which is cheap, sucky and a short cut that should never have been taken).

Ok, problem solved. My issue was the loss of the Indicators and Lights (NOT brake lights, my mistake). I eventually had to take it to the local 4x4 garage who traced the issue to the Indicator Stalk. $500+ and another Indicator Stalk and it's been fine ever since. With hindsight an obvious problem, the moral of this being if the fuses are all good then look at components associated with the failure.

^ Good to hear that it's resolved, shame about the cost. I wonder what went wrong with the stalk? This is the first time I've heard of someone replacing a stalk because of a fault. Others have replaced it in the past to get the fog light control.

Latest posts

Back