Head unit upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazz

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the old STX head unit to the new one with apple car play and was it plug and play? Or was there compatibly issues?

I’ve just put in a Kayhan plug and play. That have a 24/7 messenger tech support.
F86F997D-8B2C-4278-8F2C-B89FFFBA3FCA.jpeg

My Previous owner had already upgraded it with a cheap 7" unit. However you can buy the adapter harness separately regardless of the brand

Been trying to do this for a while mate. Bought an ST-X radio with carplay to upgrade my 2018 Navara headunit. Not plug and play unfortunately, and harnesses are hard to come by (for the correct plugs). Still trying to source myself the grey antenna plug for the new unit but no luck as of yet

Attachments

• IMG_20220510_205414.jpg
    IMG_20220510_205414.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 8
Has anyone upgraded the old STX head unit to the new one with apple car play and was it plug and play? Or was there compatibly issues?
Little bit off topic but i have a 2016 stx with the standard headunit, android auto or car play would be nice but i have a quad lock case so i just bought a quad lock mount with a wireless charger on it, maps and spotify work perfectly, and to be honest rarely do you need anything else and i mounted it into the lower centre of the windscreen close to the pocket and power socket, i did also put an underseat subwoofer under the passenger front seat and this has an amp built in and just runs off the front speaker wires which i picked up at the back of the headunit, was really easy to pull apart. the sub give them what they are missing in sound.

I've upgraded mine in an stx550. You need a nissan harness which connects from factory harness to the new head unit. About $25.
Mine was ripped out so had to go wire to wire.
I rapped my fascia in carbon fibre vinyl.
Make sure you measure the opening and the new head unit will fit before buying!

Attachments

• 20231030_102847.jpg
    20231030_102847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back