Head replacement..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esotericnomad

Reaction score
Hey guys, realistically how difficult is it to change a head on a ZD30.. I have done a V6 petrol head gasket once before, using YouTube and a hanynes manual and it's still going 2 years later, but looking at YouTube a diesel looks a lot harder..I'm not a expert on cars, but have replaced shocks, changed cv joints, done brake pads, wheel bearings, tie rods, changed turbos, all basic stuff..

take some pictures with your phone before you dissmantle and away you go..use a workshop manual reference, on reassembly use your tension wrench
if your engine overheated , when you remove head check there is NO (should stay firm) forward and side way movement on pistons you need to bring piston to top you may lose your timeing when you do this... I mentioned this because i made a decision not to fix this issue on one piston (pistons can be resized using clay expansion method) now engine blows smoke on start up and uses some oil... wouldnt pass a roadworthy

its just an engine. its not that hard.
the catch with zd30 is you have to remove just about everything off the motor.
there is a few traps but the manual covers those.
i found it was just time consuming due to the amount of stuff to take off.

Back