Hate my brand new D40ST Auto!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus - Don't want a D40 ever.

It is singularly the worst riding vehicle I have EVER owned.
This includes a Lada Niva, a Suzuki Sierra & an 82 Hilux.

Dude there has to be something wrong with it!
Having said that mine rode like shit till i put in all new upgraded suspension, big tyres and uprated shocks...now its awsome and im poor....
Should a bought a lada lol

haha his probably to scared now, that's one hell of a forum beating if ever their was one ... he's been put on the twat by one lol so that's about it for him "id say" !

I wouldn't call it a beating, it was rather mellow considering what his post had to say

Dude there has to be something wrong with it!
Having said that mine rode like shit till i put in all new upgraded suspension, big tyres and uprated shocks...now its awsome and im poor....
Should a bought a lada lol

Your going to have to re-quote me as I added a few more shitboxes to the list that handle and ride better than my D22.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse2:

I wouldn't call it a beating, it was rather mellow considering what his post had to say

True- but being put on the "twat" is no soft punch ;) lucky he was picking on the d40 - if it had of been the d22 he may have had to been executed :rambo: j.k maybe just dipped in hot oil....

Hi there everyone, I'm just new to the forum and don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but does anyone else hate their D40?

I've just bought a brand new 2014 ST Auto about a month and a half ago and absolutely hate its guts (nothing is wrong with it mechanically).

The reason I went with it in the first place was to save a few grand over other Utes such as the Isuzu, Holden and Mazda and then put some accessories on it with the money I save. While I was test driving Utes I had one for around two hours and thought it wasn't too bad for what I was planning. But now after getting to really know it, its just a piece of s@#& ute that I don't even want to put accessories on.

The reasons I hate it;
-The engine!!!! Little 2.5l thing that guzzles fuel if you don't drive it like a pussy and also can't stand the sound of it. Drive around a V8 landcruiser 200 series a fair bit and I give it the berrys 70% of the time, mixture of urban and highway, and on average returns around 12l/100km whereas the Nissan if I drive it the same I get around 15l/100km and that's with 55kw less and 200nm less. Also the engine is more keen on using its kW rather than torque which makes it rev like a Yamaha quad bike. Have driven it around as economically as possible on this last tank and not given it a squirt once, fuel is returning 10.2l. Know for a fact if I was in an isuzu it would be closer to 8.

-The feeling of that it's unreliable, it just doesn't feel tough mechanically wise compared to other Utes I know and have driven. I'm actually worried to take it 4x4ing!

-Its body, may as well be called a limo being that long and low.

-Really not a fan of the steering and how it handles like a truck when on the road and also not to mention it's turning circle is like manoeuvring a B-Double in a general store car park.

Would just like to know if anyone else dislikes their's as much as mine? Also not trying to offend anyone either, I respect that many of you won't have the same opinion as me!

Considering selling it so if you want a brand new navara with a couple of grand more in your pocket rather than a dealers then give me a PM.

Cheers, Jack!

Wow and thought my wife could bitch :dummy: I'm sure with all the money u saved on the 200 series u will learn to live with it. its a new car how bad can it be. I'll swap ya :homo:

Slightly different comparison for you all.

I can compare a manual navara to an 200 series cruiser (obviously auto)

Fuel consumption of both units unmodified is nearly identical.
Fuel consumption of both units modified is nearly identical
Fuel consumption fully loaded and towing.... funny enough, the Navara is a tad better.

The D40 is Low. Way too low. the LC200 wins hands down on this one.

Steering / Handling. Standard they both suck.
Drop a two inch lift into both, and the Navara will out handle the LC200 on a road with lots of bends.
Off road / really rough stuff, the LC200 will out handle the Navara.
Yes, the Navara does have that "truck" feel about it. but it is a light commercial.

The Navara is a good Light Commercial. The Landcruiser is a great 4wd.

How can you compare two vehicles where one is at least as twice the price of the other.

Like comparing an S Class Merc with a Commodore it's a no brainer really.

easy. I just did, and the Navara wins in some area's.
Doesn't matter how much you spend, shit is always shit. Its not like you can get premium poo.

With all that left over cash u can build a ****ing weapon like mannick did with this thing! it was a beast. image.jpg

2013 ST 2.5 auto towing a 2.5t 24' Roma caravan. Great towing heaps of power fuel consumption towing actual not trip computer, 15l/100km.
My homework got an awesome deal and vehicle fit for my purpose. Also find it the most comfortable ride of all utes I tested.
So compared to a V8 cruiser, still an awesome ute, I can shop around and buy 3 for the price of 1 cruiser.

Hi there everyone, I'm just new to the forum and don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but does anyone else hate their D40?

I've just bought a brand new 2014 ST Auto about a month and a half ago and absolutely hate its guts (nothing is wrong with it mechanically).

The reason I went with it in the first place was to save a few grand over other Utes such as the Isuzu, Holden and Mazda and then put some accessories on it with the money I save. While I was test driving Utes I had one for around two hours and thought it wasn't too bad for what I was planning. But now after getting to really know it, its just a piece of s@#& ute that I don't even want to put accessories on.

The reasons I hate it;
-The engine!!!! Little 2.5l thing that guzzles fuel if you don't drive it like a pussy and also can't stand the sound of it. Drive around a V8 landcruiser 200 series a fair bit and I give it the berrys 70% of the time, mixture of urban and highway, and on average returns around 12l/100km whereas the Nissan if I drive it the same I get around 15l/100km and that's with 55kw less and 200nm less. Also the engine is more keen on using its kW rather than torque which makes it rev like a Yamaha quad bike. Have driven it around as economically as possible on this last tank and not given it a squirt once, fuel is returning 10.2l. Know for a fact if I was in an isuzu it would be closer to 8.

-The feeling of that it's unreliable, it just doesn't feel tough mechanically wise compared to other Utes I know and have driven. I'm actually worried to take it 4x4ing!

-Its body, may as well be called a limo being that long and low.

-Really not a fan of the steering and how it handles like a truck when on the road and also not to mention it's turning circle is like manoeuvring a B-Double in a general store car park.

Would just like to know if anyone else dislikes their's as much as mine? Also not trying to offend anyone either, I respect that many of you won't have the same opinion as me!

Considering selling it so if you want a brand new navara with a couple of grand more in your pocket rather than a dealers then give me a PM.

Cheers, Jack!

Troll alert.:confused3::confused3:

I don't care, I love my Nav and never have regretted buying it. drove all the competitors except the Ranger and there was very little in it. for the price they are awesome. i have spent about 6K on mods and accessories and still in front.

I just recently purchased the same vehicle new, and I must say, its a great truck, absolutely loving it. as for fuel consumption, well im averaging between 9-10l per 100km, and that's not pussy footing around either. when I do drive like a gramps I often dip into the 8's. couple weeks ago I towed my boat back, a 5.5m fibreglass, no tinny! to Canberra from the southcoast, yes there is lot highway cruising, but a lot of towing uphills, including the clyde and averaged 10l/100km, I couldn't even achieve that in our Grand Cherokee.
it feels better on the road than my work hilux, not to mention those disastrous Tritons!
turning circle no worse than the others really,
I think you may of worked yourself into a state of mind that you are believing the truck is no good.
I think you would of had this same conclusion regardless of what you bought...

Yeah mate, feel ya pain. I have a 2010 D40 King Cab, piece of crap. Did a clutch at 5000km, and the second is about to go at 50 000k (It stalls reversing up hills and often jumps out of gear).

Latest posts

Back