Has anyone got a picture of the Oil Pressure Sensor on the motor?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Reaction score
I'm 99.99% sure I'm on the right track but its in a bitch of a spot and want to be 100% before I work out how I'm gonna get it out of the block for this T-Piece that I've got.

Current theory is its at the bottom driver side part of the motor, seen from the front driver side wheel well with the mud covers peeled back, sorta up above the top of the wheel well at an awkward angle.

I've got ahold of the workshop manual and I haven't found that overly helpful, can't find any pictures or videos of it being located or changed etc.

P.S. how the heck am I going to get it out? lol

That's the one. At the drivers side back of the engine, above starter motor. I unplugged then used a 27mm deep socket with a ratchet and extension to loosen it. Though I got it out from top rather than going in via the wheel well. Was a pita.

That's the one. At the drivers side back of the engine, above starter motor. I unplugged then used a 27mm deep socket with a ratchet and extension to loosen it. Though I got it out from top rather than going in via the wheel well. Was a pita.

Jeez that's a substantial socket, doubt I've got one that size lol

I read somewhere that you're supposed to use a special socket though - yours was just a normal everyday socket? If so I'm just gonna spend money on some upgraded sockets rather than the fancy socket I'll use once.

Jeez that's a substantial socket, doubt I've got one that size lol

I read somewhere that you're supposed to use a special socket though - yours was just a normal everyday socket? If so I'm just gonna spend money on some upgraded sockets rather than the fancy socket I'll use once.
It was a hexagonal (six sided) deep impact socket. Have a set for the impact wrench. The sensor is hexagonal so it was all good, have heard the normal 12 sided ones can have problems slipping. Should be able to get an individual socket at bunnings or supercrap.

It was a hexagonal (six sided) deep impact socket. Have a set for the impact wrench. The sensor is hexagonal so it was all good, have heard the normal 12 sided ones can have problems slipping. Should be able to get an individual socket at bunnings or supercrap.
12pt 1in deep socket works aswell. Has to be 12pt though 26mm 6pt also works

Hi, I know nothing about the D22, however if it has the YD25, then I will say its the worst job I have done on that engine ( mine is D40, 2010 Navara ). In the end I removed the oil filter housing, transmission and engine oil filler tubes, and finished up screwing a 1/8 npt straight fitting into the oil gallery, with a flare on the outside, and getting a 1/8 npt tee piece with a swivel flare nut on one side of the Tee . How you position the right angle of the tee is important,as well as the length of the sensor you are screwing into it, as you do not have any room to spare. Good luck, and go slow, Tom

Mines a ZD30 -- interesting that you say that about the YD25 though, I was under the impression they have 2 locations both nice and easy at the top of the motor. Maybe that's just on the Patrol setup?

Back