Handbrake cable removal D22 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltynoob

Reaction score
So my handbrake cable just snapped on nav and I've pulled out the center console to have a look and found that it snapped near the lever itself. I figured it would be a pretty simple job until I realized I cant figure out how to remove the smaller portion of the snapped cable from the handbrake lever. Is there some kind of method to remove it? Can someone help me out? cheers, I also attached some photo's to better explain what i mean. IMG_1828.jpgIMG_1827.jpg

Is there anything on the opposite side from this pic that you can undo, to take the retaining pin out? Had a look at the manual but the diagram only shows the same side.

Is there anything on the opposite side from this pic that you can undo, to take the retaining pin out? Had a look at the manual but the diagram only shows the same side.
The other side has nothing to remove either it appears to be welded on.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The other side has nothing to remove either it appears to be welded on.
Got me beat then. Only way I can see to get that off from the pic would be grind the head off the pin (as ridiculous as it sounds). They're must be something we're missing, Nissan design engineers aren't usually this bad. Hopefully someone on here has done one before and knows an easy (and not immediately obvious) way to do it.

Latest posts

Back