Grinding noise when braking while turning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikep

Reaction score
Hi All

Have a horrible grinding noise sounds like it's comming from drivers side front somewhere. Only happens when turning and braking at the same time, traction control light flickering on and of as well. Any pointers I'd be greatfull.

Many thanks

Mike

i had that problem it was a collapsed needle roller bearing causing hub to wobble, also had bad cv joint ,worn upper and lower ball joints i then also changed 2 large bearings and seal, jack car up and grab wheel horizontally and move it a little side to side should be firm and have a small amount of run out (when you tighten bearings you then back off nu 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. no clunking noise,,it should spin smoothly then repeat it vertically should same . cv joint should be firm in place no clunks when your try to turn it in a forward or backward rotation , shake it etc. In and out movement should be smooth. upper and lower ball joints can be shot at 70000klms depend how much rough roads you have negotiated and wheather they had grease nipples in them

Thanks for the reply I will have a look tomorrow , have it booked in to local garage next just in case, my credit card is already trembling in anticipation.

Thanks, will find out tomorrow, its going in the garage. Gave the wheels a wobble the other day tiny bit if play so could well be bearings.

All sorted now turns out it was steering angle sensor, cut a long story short I replaced the steering ring last week, turns out although it sorted out my airbag light and cruise control. the aftermarket ring (ebay) I installed wasn't compatible with the navara even though I used the original part no to order. Local garage I use for mots etc got an original nissan part £185 ( Robbing gits) Charged £140 including vat for fitting and calibrating 👍. All sorted. Guess the moral of the story is avoid aftermarket parts.

All sorted. Guess the moral of the story is avoid aftermarket parts.

Great to hear that it's resolved... but not sure I agree with you on this part of your comment.

Some Aftermarket parts are way better and longer lasting than OEM

Latest posts

Back