Gears not engaging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrh2

Reaction score
Evening everyone I've got a problem with my d40 gearbox it's not engaging any gear when I select with the selector stick from D R 3 2 1 nothing ive changed the transmission fluid in the gearbox sump but not the transfer box would this be the issue im just guessing and with my limited knowledge of these issues my next point of call would be the transfer box switches but dont want to go throwing money about any advice on this would be appreciated cheers

It could be the torque converter. A mechanic could put a diagnostic tool on it to determine if it's slipping 100%. This would be my next step in diagnosis. In Australia, I'd recommend Lube Mobile as they're mobile mechanics and they'd definitely have the tool with them, I don't know of an equivalent service in your neck of the woods.

There's no position of transfer box switches that stops any drive getting to the rear wheels (that means, our transfer cases do NOT have a 'neutral' where drive is completely disengaged).

It could be the torque converter. A mechanic could put a diagnostic tool on it to determine if it's slipping 100%. This would be my next step in diagnosis. In Australia, I'd recommend Lube Mobile as they're mobile mechanics and they'd definitely have the tool with them, I don't know of an equivalent service in your neck of the woods.

There's no position of transfer box switches that stops any drive getting to the rear wheels (that means, our transfer cases do NOT have a 'neutral' where drive is completely disengaged).
hi I've had a scan on my nav and the results were solenoid and brake faults the mechanic has advised that its not his feild of expertise but sounds like the valve body or tcm is gone faulty

hi I've had a scan on my nav and the results were solenoid and brake faults the mechanic has advised that its not his feild of expertise but sounds like the valve body or tcm is gone faulty

As I posted elsewhere, take it to someone who is an expert on auto trans, before outlaying the money for a valve body and/or TCM.

Update for anyone who has these symptoms in the future problem seems to be fixed the valve body tcm and solenoids were burnt out I put a replacement valve body which came with full set of solenoids and the tcm fitted it and put fresh fluid in about 8 ltrs and now my nav drives like a dream cheers for all the suggestions some have saved me 1000s of pounds

Update for anyone who has these symptoms in the future problem seems to be fixed the valve body tcm and solenoids were burnt out I put a replacement valve body which came with full set of solenoids and the tcm fitted it and put fresh fluid in about 8 ltrs and now my nav drives like a dream cheers for all the suggestions some have saved me 1000s of pounds
Hi,
So the TCM valve bodys are plug and play, if the are from the same model D40?

Latest posts

Back