Fuel water separator/pre filter recommendations

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaisken

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm interested in buying a fuel water separator/pre-filter for my D22 ZD30, anyone has a good recommendation? How many microns should I go for? Thanks

Last edited:
its a tad tricky for the zd30 engine as the amount of restriction imposed by the filters can effect injection timing.
most pre filters i have seen are way to restrictive and way to fine. theres no point having a finer pre filter than the main filter, as the main one will not do anything. stock filter i understand is about 30-40 micron. so a pre filter should be in the 100 micron range.
just fitting a sedimentary (a lot of navaras overseas have them factory fitted) is all thats really required.

to fit a pre filter means you will also need to fit a lift pump to overcome the extra restriction it causes. there is a few threads on that.

I agree withe the above ^. A sedimenter is probably not be a bad idea, but adding extra filters might not be. It will add restriction to the fuel system and give the fuel pump extra work to do. All it might do in the end is extend the life of the fuel filter that's already there. A better way would be to replace the fuel filter more often. To manufacturer's recommendations at the very least.

Latest posts

Back