Fuel rail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have had my 2011 D40 at the mechanics for a week with a limp mode issue. He said he finally found the problem. Replacing the fuel rail. Has anyone had this issue? I will find out more next week when i go to pick it up. Is there something mechanical in the fuel rail where the sensor is?.

I can't say the issue cannot be the fuel rail, it's replaceable for a reason. Limp mode issues are often the result of a dirty or faulty SCV (a replaceable part of the fuel pump) but it could equally be the rail, injectors or the pump itself. Sometimes it's just a loose water sensor on the filter. I would have to trust that the mechanic would have thought of these things first and still hasn't found the problem.

Bad fuel - or an algae bloom or waxing in the fuel - can cause problems. The filter may not trap it all (bacteria may pass through the filter), or the waxing may occur beyond the filter. Winterised diesel is available for alpine regions in Australia, some countries use winterised diesel most of the year (Norway/Sweden/Iceland/Greenland/Alaska etc, although Norway is quickly turning electric).

If the fuel rail replacement doesn't work, ask the mechanic if he's replaced the SCV which is a more common failure point in the D40.

There must be some dirty fuel at the fuel discounters as my 2013 D40 (175,000 ks)would die after leaving the traffic lights and up a hill. Friend put me onto Fuel Doctor now engine has lost the injector rattle and runs as quiet as a petrol ute after a 500ml dump into the tank and the problem after the lights has almost gone away. Have not pulled anything apart and Nissan agent Service Manger agrees fault will not shown up on a computer check and engine runs very quiet.

Latest posts

Back