Fuel pump relay.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can locate the fuel pump relay on my 2009 d40 Spain built fuel cab. All the diagrams I have looked at are different and can't find on the internet.

As far as I'm aware there's no relay for the fuel pump in the diesel, there's just no way an electric pump is going to deliver 24,000psi of fuel pressure.

The petrol version has a relay in the IPDM/ER. There is a black box on the vehicle's left hand side towards the rear of the engine bay. This box has clips around the sides which release the top. Both upper and lower halves of this contain fuses and relays.

If you look at the base so that the bank of fuses is on your right and the angled section of the box is upper left, the fuel pump relay fuse is the 7th position down. To be sure: it's a 15A fuse, there should be 1 10A at the top, 3 blank spaces, then two other 15A fuses above the fuel pump relay fuse. The fuel pump relay may be the second from the top on the right side, close to the fuse (although the relay immediately to the left of the fuse is one of the cooling fan relays).

The fuel pump (on the petrol engine) is located within the tank and requires that the tank be removed from the vehicle for access.

On the diesel, the fuel pump is part of the engine, is mounted on the vehicle's right hand side low down on the engine and is driven by the primary drive chain (which is driven by the crankshaft).

Latest posts

Back