Fuel pressure relief valve replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roboboyo

Reaction score
Hi guys

can Anyone tell me how easy it is to replace my pressure relief valve?

is there a how to guide,?
Cheers

Hi guys

can Anyone tell me how easy it is to replace my pressure relief valve?

is there a how to guide,?
Cheers
Robbo you've not said what vehicle and engine you have. A bit hard to share our experience if we don't know. I'm assuming you're referring to a pressure relief valve in the fuel injection system? Do you have a Navara D22, D40 or NP300? YD25 diesel or a petrol engine?

This is easy information to find. The pressure relief valve is on the rear of the fuel common rail. You remove the banjo bolt holding the pipe on then undo the pressure relief valve. Looking at the access it will be easier if you remove the fuel filter first to give more room.

There's a picture of the relief valve in this article on Navlife: StackPath

Thanks Scott. Is the relief valve easy to remove? I don’t think it’s the scv as I go into limp mode

Thanks Scott. Is the relief valve easy to remove? I don’t think it’s the scv as I go into limp mode
I had a quick look at mine and it looks straightforward as long as you remove the fuel filter by unbolting it at the bracket to get it out of the way. The rear of the rail does partially sit under the firewall overhang. There's one banjo bolt to remove then unscrew the pressure relief valve. Once you check it out you'll see what I mean.

I had a quick look at mine and it looks straightforward as long as you remove the fuel filter by unbolting it at the bracket to get it out of the way. The rear of the rail does partially sit under the firewall overhang. There's one banjo bolt to remove then unscrew the pressure relief valve. Once you check it out you'll see what I mean.
Thanks a lot Scott, that’s a great help!!

Latest posts

Back