Fuel Injection Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my woes continue, turns out it was not a fuel delivery problem. I removed the tank and inspected the somewhat over engineered fuel pickup device in the tank, checked the line from filter to tank. Only issue I found was a crushed breather/ balance pipe between the high and low points on the tank. I replaced it, no other problems evident??
refitted the tank, bled it with the bulb pump (what a crappy idea!!).
While bleeding I never got to the point that there were zero air bubbles in the bulb pump tube, which is curious?? Perhaps air can be introduced via the bulb pump?? Any how car started as per normal idled no bother try to rev it and it stumbles at 1100 rpm same as before but perhaps worse now, I can get it to rev up pretty freely in neutral but put it in gear and load up the motor and it falters badly (see attached video), the problem no longer clears either.
I've got the manual and trying to work through understanding how the control systems work; ice block in hell comes to mind.
I'm running low on ideas now, nissan have checked it over and said everything appeared to be working correctly apart from it doesn't run properly! Injection garage removed and tested the injectors, all tip top, changed out the SCV, didn't deem a compression test to be necessary as it started and ran so well (once it came good). I've confirmed all is well down the tank end of the fuel system.
Next I will pursue the air in the bleeder, I'll replace the fuel lines to the filter with clear lines to see if there is any air entry problem, if no obvious issue I'll run a clear line to the fuel pump to see if there air entry from the valve that crosses to the fuel return circuit. if no joy I'll run a line directly from a jerry can to the pump.
Still no codes apart from the EGR P0488, is any one aware if the EGR could cause this sort of problem?
Any/all ideas are welcome. Assuming no joy from the above, next I'll check over the DPF (the smoke it belches out smells foul!!) then it may have to be a costa-a-lot ECM software update.....

Hi.

Sorry to hear you haven’t gotten to the bottom of the problem. With regards to the EGR causing similar issues. This question reminded me of a 2007 Pajero I used to own and had forgotten about. My issues were different to yours as mine would play up when warm. Mine would become very sluggish and didn’t want to go above 1700rpm and miss and be very rough. I had mine at Mitsubishi and they couldn’t find an issue with it. Mine would only blow white smoke after I had shut the engine down and tried to start again. Mine would struggle to start and when it would finally fire used to blow white smoke and stink. Mine was throwing a throttle plate code. But a new one didn’t fix it. A new EGR did though.We think it was giving a throttle plate code as the EGR was getting stuck and the throttle plate was moving to the required position depending on EGR requirements. But because it was sticking the ecu had thought the EGR had operated and that the throttle plate wasn’t responding. Usually when the EGR opens, the throttle plate closes.
Perhaps the V9X program operates the EGR when starting(as part of an emissions systems check) and yours is getting stuck. Perhaps the throttle plate(butterfly) works off the EGR signal? Or it’s a fail to close when the EGR doesn’t operate as per command. I am wondering if you can remove the flex pipe that connects to the throttle plate body and have somebody start the engine and watch the operation? Obviously bypassing the intake filtration so ensure no loose objects/dusty conditions within the vicinity.

Latest posts

Back