Fuel filter replacement on a uk np300

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott-np300

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if changing the fuel filter on my uk np300 is an easy enough job to carry out myself ?

Does it need manually primed after installation or will it self prime under the pump pressure .

Thanks in advance

if you try priming filter by cranking engine you will destroy inj pump $6000 plus damage , get an expieriened mechanic to do it, hell of a lot of people here ,asking for help with air locks in fuel system. working on engines is not easy

Hmm not sure... I thought the late model ones would've had a pick-up pump at/in the tank by now, eh...

Yeah I wouldn't use the I.P to prime! I play with the zd's so I have no idea about your rig! I pressurised the line with a pump at the tank on my old gir.... God sent on filter change days when it comes to priming!

Look at the manual and follow that! Yours may have a pump at the tank- from the manufacturers??? If not,,,, it's blisters for you from the primer pump ;) You can slightly pressurise the tank to help bleed too!

^ As above.

The fuel pump is mounted on the engine and draws fuel through the filter from the tank. The pump relies on the diesel being there to not only keep it primed, but to lubricate it. It's a very high pressure pump, with very fine tolerances in the manufacture, and a small amount of wear can cause a lot of grief.

If you replace the filter, use the primer bulb to get the fuel back up to the filter. I would also suggest that you overprime it a little - after the primer gets firm indicating it has fuel in it, keep pumping it another 3-4 times. If you have a small leak because of something you've not tightened properly, the fuel will leak out of it and you'll know before it becomes an expensive issue.

And yes, I don't know why we don't have lift pumps in the tanks either.

Latest posts

Back