Front lift only

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozdog

Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to all things suspension related, so thought I'd ask you all:

I want to lift the front end of my 2012 D22, but purely for aesthetic reasons, as the front end has sagged.

I don't do any 4wding (have the ute because I have a dirtbike, so sometimes take it light offroading), what would be the best way to do this?

Sorry if this is a basic question, I don't understand torsion v springs etc?

Cheers

Hey mate, the torsion bars are the front springs. You can simply wind them up if you have any room left on the adjusters, otherwise you'll need to remove them and rotate them in the adjusters slightly to reindex them.

There should be threads on here about it, been done plenty of times before.

If you have to reindex them it can be a pain . When I did mine 9 out of 10 posts where wrong. If I would have read the 10th way to do it. Would have been easy.

you should be able to get a fair bit of lift just by winding the adjusting bolts up, just don't too far as you will put too much angle on the cv's, and make sure you have the wheels off the ground. i used to mark the bolt's and wind each up 5 turns at a time, take it around the block to settle, and then measure till i got the desired height!

When you turn up tor bars make sure 1/2 clearence on bump stop. Up to two in lift will not hurt CVS.My d22 up total 7in.
IMG_20190416_172615510_HDR.jpg

See I have aftermarket bars in mine not sure why if you can just wind up the original ones, had to take motor out and noticed one had been put in the wrong way and it has now sagged a bit but left plenty of adjustment so should be ok.

When you turn up tor bars make sure 1/2 clearence on bump stop. Up to two in lift will not hurt CVS.My d22 up total 7in. View attachment 34229
Looks well cared for baja, that's some lift.

Unlike you fellas we have all sorts of regs concerning lifts in Aus. No body lifts at all without engineer approval and all sorts of rigmaroll concerning rego (and insurance). I think it's a maximum of 2'' suspension lift and tyres no more than 7% larger in diameter than the size indicated on the tyre placard. For a maximum of 3" overall lift.

From memory we also have to leave at least 33% of suspension travel in any direction (whether lowering or lifting), so a 2" lift would probably be about the most we would get (and seems standard).

They look different without a front bar, seems rare to see one without some sort of bullbar over here.

^^^ For anyone interested the above was misleading, the regs say that "at least two thirds of the original suspension travel must be maintained in both directions" when lowering or raising the ride height. So that's something to keep in mind when winding up torsion bars. These are NSW regs though, not sure they have been standardised across Aus yet (there was talk of it).

It also says that any more than a 7% increase in the diameter of the tyre wheel combination beyond the maximum size recommended by the manufacturer is a "significant modification" that requires "assessment and certification". As the tyre placard only mentions one size (265/70/r16) which is works out to 777.4 mm/30.6", this means the maximum size of wheel tyre combination for D22 would be 831.8 mm/32.75". That could make using "33's" somewhat iffy? Eg 285/75/r16 that people call "33's" works out to 833.9 mm/ 32.83" which would amount to a "significant modification" requiring "assessment and certification" before rego?

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/document...cations-manual-suspension-and-ride-height.pdf
https://loaded4x4.com.au/75mm-lifts-now-legal-in-nsw/

Last edited:
Yes I know about the laws in au as my friend lives there . Owns a shop that does all kinds susp lifts. He tells me the feds are out of control . With auto mod laws. Im American live both states and Mexico. Both country's no such laws and no accidents from these mods. I have a 3in body lift 2 1/2 susp. lift. The truck is Mexican made d22 it came with tiny 15:in tires. With the 285/75/16s I'm about 7 in up from stock. On/off road truck handles like a dream. By the way in the states. They call the d22 a frontier you could never get it with diesel. It was only made 1999 to 2004 . In Mexico they sold it with diesel till 2015. Mine is a 2014 with Baja Mexico plates. When I drive it in states . Lots of looks cause they have never seen anything like it. More laughs white guy driving it

Latest posts

Back