Front brakes D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Navara

Reaction score
G'day all,
I've just been quoted nearly $900 for front pads and rotors and fron hubs rebuild by Nissan during a service.
I have respectfully declined this kind offer.
What's the go to supplier for good hard pads and rotors please?

navlife sell slotted new rotors and pads a a kit for about$ 270
and flea bay has new hub assemblies works out heaps cheaper than the nissan rebuild offer,

G'day all,
I've just been quoted nearly $900 for front pads and rotors and fron hubs rebuild by Nissan during a service.
Do you really need rotors and hubs? Whatis wrong with them? Seems excessive.

So far after 360k kms I have changed one set of front and rear brakes (for about 150 bucks) and changed a set of wheel bearings.

Do you really need rotors and hubs? Whatis wrong with them? Seems excessive.

So far after 360k kms I have changed one set of front and rear brakes (for about 150 bucks) and changed a set of wheel bearings.
+1
i've done one set of rotors due to a soft spot on one rotor.
done wheels bearings. never rebuilt a hub.

Also plus 1. I'm still on the same drums. I think I had my rotors machined last year, 14 years and second set of pads. Never had issues with my hubs.
I did think a bearing had failed once, Turned out to be my tyres were stuffed. New tires weird noise stopped.

G'day all,

recently had my rotors machined had scuffing on both more on the right when engaging the break it pulled to the right,pad change a realignment of the breaking system...happy with the breaking performance,good news is it cost nowhere near $900🙂

Yep, I'm only 140,000 k's old, so there's no way I need all the dealer wanted to do.
I'm booked in elsewhere for new pads, an inspection of rotors and hubs and a discussion as to what needs doing. It's a truck, not a soft pad soft disc euro supercar

Update! I took the 22 elsewhere and they told me - in writing - that brakes did not need changing!
Nissan Australia sent me a text survey on my service so I told them the story,
I had the dealership senior service manager ring me an hour later asking for the truck so he could inspect. Said if the pads did need changing he would do it for free.
They agreed to me being there when the pads were reinspected.
Dealer service notes say pads were at 2mm, they measured out at 4. Rotors were fine. Service Manager said I had 4-5 weeks of wear left. Senior mechanic told me that I had 5 months wear at least, need doing next service.
Re hubs, apparently they put new seals in when changing rotors.
So after all this I was waiting in the showroom for them to put the truck back together, and the mechanic comes in to show me a random pad that has 2mm on one edge as justification of their recommendation. I never saw that pad come off the truck.
Was told the senior bloke would ring me the following Monday to discuss , that was a week ago....
Now Nissan Australia wants to know how I got on...

got mine from autopro a couple of years ago, nowhere near $900, and an easy job to do with minimal skills/ tools.

Latest posts

Back