Formula suspension?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezzahawk

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if anybody has fitted the Fulcrum Formula suspension to their car. Seems to get a good review and priced ok to boot.

Cannot comment on Fulcrum but just had Outback Armour fitted to my D40 2008 Spain version. Drives nice and handles so much better. $2,300 fitted

I had Fulcrum's Formula 400kg constant load rear leaf springs, front coils and Bilstein shocks installed 3 years ago. Rides brilliantly, handles a load really well - I could not be happier. It was a massive improvement over the original suspension setup!

I ended up with 125mm ride height increase in the rear, and 38mm lift in the front - that was a 2" lift that I asked for (to keep it all legal)

I got the 2" bilstein lift from them, normal load springs, and the tapered heavy duty coils on the front. rides really well, but like kwakazr10r, the ute looked a lot more nose down after the lift. I ended up putting 10mm coil spacers in as well to lift the front a tad. it's been like that for about 2 years, no problems. Bilsteins do the job well. 2008 d40 STX Thai KC

Part of the issue with changing the suspension is that the UCA's in the front can't tolerate more than about 45mm of lift before causing issues. Replacing the upper control arms with better units does help. The rear has no such inhibition (there's no steering or flexible drive shaft to get in the way) so you'lll generally enjoy more lift in the back.

My own car (with stock UCAs) got a 43mm rise in the front and 85mm in the back using ARB's Old Man Emu Dakar dual rate springs. I chose these because I'm not always loaded - I don't tow my caravan everywhere, sometimes I go into shopping centres and I didn't want constant-load springs to give the tail of the car a kick every time we went over a speed hump!

Latest posts

Back