Fog light wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RComplex

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been spending days trying to figure this out and havent had any luck with getting an indicator stalk with fog light switch from a wreckers so here i am.

Decided to use a switch on the dash so basically need to know what i need to do this job and how to do it. There is a lot of threads saying different things and also very vague. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Are you looking and asking the wreckers specifically for a d40 combo switch?
it would broaden the search if you knew there where other nissan models that use the same indicator stalk/combo
i "borrowed" one out of a nissan dualis.. im sure some of the other models would be plug n play aswell
Try This One Out - Pictures Good

I did ask around for some R51 pathfinders too but not much luck. I didn't actually know the dualis was the same style stalk, thats useful to know. Thanks

I'm about to do the same mate, I bought some foggies off ebay and will be adding them to my ST.

It's not very hard to be honest, I'm going to use mine as DRL's and leave them on perm (low power LED's inside) rather than use them as fog lights.

Do you know the basics of a switch and using a relay? if you get a kit with full wiring included, it is very simple.

Basically, you'll take 12V from the battery to the relay and it will have a trigger wire to turn it on. That trigger wire usually needs a 12v source of it's own just to tell the relay to turn on.

A simple way would be to install a switch in the cabin and steal power from your ciggy lighter to use as the 12v trigger to the cabin switch.

Hope this makes sense?

Latest posts

Back