Fitting Bonnet Protector

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rintor13

Reaction score
Morning,

I have a 2010 D40 Thai. I bought a genuine bonnet protector, but the instructions may as well have been in another language. Does anyone have any guidance or videos to help install this?

Thanks!

I can't help with the instructions but would suggest you give some more thought to whether such protectors are really the best way for you to go. I had fitted the same to my Navara but had to remove it to repaint the bonnet (because the cheap and nasty factory paint job just kept peeling off). What I found was that the amount of leaves and dirt collected under the guard was far more detrimental than the stone chips I was trying to eliminate. However, as stone chips are still a big issue I used a thick clear plastic stick-on protector instead. It's barely visibly, does a perfect job of protecting the bonnet's front edge and has no downside. I bought 2m of this one.

Morning,

I have a 2010 D40 Thai. I bought a genuine bonnet protector, but the instructions may as well have been in another language. Does anyone have any guidance or videos to help install this?

Thanks!
Did you get the little screws and the plastic clip things ?
Line up the protector, remove the existing plugs that line up, slip protector under the rubber use the new screws and clip things into the location of the originals you removed. Fiddly bloody job above is for aftermarket but I would think it be the same.

Anyone know what the actual plastic plugs are/sizes? Im trying to mount my bonnet shield but cant find the bits to go in the hole
20230702_160415.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back