Fit THAI 296 x 53 discs.. instead .. to a SPAIN 296 x 38 re: wheels i need to clear calipers ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringthenav

Reaction score
Hi. I want to know if i can solve an issue i have with a 9/07 Vsk Spain Nav that the previous owner had 6mm spacers fitted to fit some nice black 20"s on.

I want to do away with the spacers, but retain the wheels, as its a nice set & only couple years old & also fit new pads at same time, preferably slotted rotors of same size (296) and ceramic pads to upgrade the braking, maybe even advice on if twin piston calipers for D40 I've been seeing while browsing ebay, assuming theyre off newer D40s..
As my braking is very average & I'm running the Navara quite heavily loaded & got a bullbar & canopy, drawers etc. So a brake upgrade but keep same wheels after is the goal.

I am looking at buying :
296.5 x 53 high x 68 centre x 28 thick Thai slotted discs

I have 296.5 x 38 high x 68 centre x 28 thick spain on now & noticed these 6mm spacers on it so i pulled them but cam only run stock 16s and not these nice black 20s re caliper clearance.

Will the Thai discs of the same size bolt right on??

As i notice theyre 53 high instead of the 38 high spain.. (meaning spacers can be binned by this swap over)

Hoping i could fit slotted Thai 53 high discs, bin the spacers, put in some nice Ceramic pads & fit the black 20" wheels.

Anyone know?

A bonus is if i can do that !!
A bigger bonus is if i can upgrade the calipers to twin piston as well !!

The difference in height (38mm as on the standard Spanish D40 and 53mm on the Thai King Cab) means the discs will sit further in towards the centre of the car, but I suspect the higher discs won't clear the backplate and the braking surface will be out of position for the calipers - 15mm is quite a stretch.

Removing the spacers is a good goal - they're illegal in NSW and may affect your insurance if you have to claim in an accident (even if you're not at fault).

Latest posts

Back