Few questions regarding 2009 Nissan D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonatan

Reaction score
Hello all
Sorry in advance for my poor English...
I have a 2009 Nissan d22 with a YD25 engine.
I have a few questions:

1) Can someone please explain how to bleed air out of a 2009 Nissan D22 with a YD25 engine?
I have lots of air in the system after cooling flush and cant get all the air out.
Where exactly is the air pressure relief valve?
I tried all the methods with squeezing the hoses, using bottles, using a funnel... don't work 100 percent and my AC won't blow hot air when set on heat.

2. How can I check if thermostat is working without taking it apart?

3. I have a bad multimedia system in my D22. I would like to replace it with a new one and to add a rear camera. How the plugs go? Is it an easy job? any special recommendations for aftermarket multimedia system? Any information will be great.

4. My AC lights won't work. How to replace them?

5, What aftermarket rear manual hub lock are recommended for the D22?

Thanks to all!

Howdy, park the unit up hill and use the bottle burp method! Make sure the heater is turned on in the cab..

You can't really, if in doubt, replace it!

It's all plug and play now days, look on line for the conector wire kits, most well known brands have these wiring kits for thier head units..

AC light I got from a hobby store and soldered it in myself, you have to pull the switch out of the dash and disassemble the switch to replace the bulb...
They're the same bulbs as the use in the model train set street lights etc ;)

Look up locker diffs! Do the front first...

Cheers

Thanks mate!
- Tried the bottle burp method... for al long time... didn't work very well
- Well, I would buy and replace but I am having the trouble of finding what part number is the one for my car. Mechanics aren't very sure and I don't wont to purchase without knowing exactly it will fit. do you have a link to share?
- how do I know what size of screen do I need for my D22?
- I'll give it a try!
- Why not rear manual hub lockers first? the best use is while going up hill, am I wrong?
I crossed this video regarding the hub lockers, what do you think?

I am from Israel. Lived in the wonderful OZ land for a couple of years around 2012.
Unfortunately, D22 parts are very rear and expensive in Israel and most parts for my car I need to order from Ebay. That is why I am Doing good homework before buying stuff for my car :)

The rear wheels don't have hubs, do you mean front ones? Guessing your model doesn't have manual hubs. Can't really say which ones are best, earlier model has them standard. Wonder if genuine ones fit? they would probably be the best.

If you mean lockers, front auto lokka is probably better and lots cheaper.

The best way to check a thermostat requires it to be removed, and put it in hot water to see if it opens. If you think it might be faulty probably better off changing it and be done with it. Usually with ebay sellers you can send your VIN to them to get confirmation it is the right part. Or ask the dealer for part no.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine...vara-YD25-Thermostat-21200AD21A-/113130194209
Usually if you get as much air out as you can and take it for a short run, enough get to operating temp and open the thermostat, it's a matter of letting it cool and topping it up. Wouldn't drive too far though and parking it with the nose raised is a good idea. Encourages any air to go to the top of radiator.

This stereo claims to be specifically for a d22 and is also claimed to be 6.2 inch. Sounds about right. There's a lot to choose from but cheap isn't always best.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-2-Car...763659?hash=item466ad08ecb:g:~rkAAOSwKUhZrRYr

^ Notice these people won't post outside of Aus, still might be able to confirm part no with them though. Or look around for sellers that will post to you.

Latest posts

Back