Fault codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzmangay

Reaction score
Check the codes on my 2006 D22 zd30 Navara and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the code is and how to fix it??

Code 02 08??

0208 is engine over heat.

Vehicle speed sensor Vehicle speed
Cooling fan control
Engine coolant temperature sensor ,Engine coolant temperature, Cooling fan relay
Air conditioner switch Air conditioner “ON” signal

a lot of engines use the air con fan as a emergency cool down fan if the engine over heats.

Looking at Tweakes post it looks like overheating. Did your temp gauge go high? Has anything changed now that it cooled down or is it still in limp mode
Still in limp mode and I drove it for around 15 minutes and the temp gauge was at normal temp

they have different sensors for the temp gauge and ecu.
the ecu temp sensor may be fault (or connection problem).
the other is the aircon circuit. make sure it hasn't blown any fuses.
then test the aircon fan thats on the radiator.

limp mode may be caused by the ecu thinking the engine is over temp (due to faulty sensor) and its trying to cool it down.

they have different sensors for the temp gauge and ecu.
the ecu temp sensor may be fault (or connection problem).
the other is the aircon circuit. make sure it hasn't blown any fuses.
then test the aircon fan thats on the radiator.

limp mode may be caused by the ecu thinking the engine is over temp (due to faulty sensor) and its trying to cool it down.
Would the engine come out of limp when the temp returns to normal Tweake? Or would the fault need to be reset first? If it would probably point to faulty sensor if the ECU should drop the limp when temp is not at the alarm level and the aircon checks out.
I guess it may keep it in limp if it sees that the back up protection of the AC fan is faulty.
This is interesting, I might have to check and see where the ECU and gauge temps come from on mine

I talked to a local mechanic and they suspect its a faulty sensor, so i have given them the car for a night and they are going to plug it in and check all the faults and see what come back.
ps thank you for the quick responses they were very helpful

Would the engine come out of limp when the temp returns to normal Tweake? Or would the fault need to be reset first? If it would probably point to faulty sensor if the ECU should drop the limp when temp is not at the alarm level and the aircon checks out.
I guess it may keep it in limp if it sees that the back up protection of the AC fan is faulty.
This is interesting, I might have to check and see where the ECU and gauge temps come from on mine
i don't think these engines have a limp home mode.
odds are it just tuned to reduce fuel when engine gets over a certain temp.

Latest posts

Back