Fault Code P2457 & No cruise Control

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhaul

Reaction score
I have an issue with fault code P2457 EGR cooling system ?? I've checked plugs etc: cleared the code, which then reappears after 1. approx 2km drive 2. I attempt to use the cruise control. Can't see how they are related but wondering if someone has any experience with the code error.

That code means the temperature of the EGR is too high. It could be a sensor fault, but I'd do the usual unplug/reconnect of the EGR valve before going to replace it. I don't know if the temperature sensor can be replaced separately, my own EGR valve doesn't see a lot of exhaust gas anyway, I'm not sure why, I copied the gasket perfectly except for the big hole in the middle which I couldn't understand why it was there.

That code means the temperature of the EGR is too high. It could be a sensor fault, but I'd do the usual unplug/reconnect of the EGR valve before going to replace it. I don't know if the temperature sensor can be replaced separately, my own EGR valve doesn't see a lot of exhaust gas anyway, I'm not sure why, I copied the gasket perfectly except for the big hole in the middle which I couldn't understand why it was there.
Hmm, It's bloody cold here atm so I can't see how it could be too hot, i'll give the unplug replug trick tomorrow. I did have issues when I tried to "delete" the EGR, a tune up company did it and I had issues with fault codes coming up continually until they had the car for a week or so and finally "solved" the problem. I guess the rebuild may have interfered with their "majic"

It's the temperature of the exhaust gas itself, which is supposed to be cooled by the EGR cooler. Ambient temperatures won't make a huge difference, diesel's still going to burn at a reasonably warm temperature.

I wonder if the problem relates to the EGR code changes? That may mean the sensor/valve could be fine, it may be something else. As to what that is, I've no idea if the ECU's code has been changed. It could be a sensor in the exhaust post-turbo (like a temp or oxygen sensor around the CAT) and the data for that is interfering.

I have had this fault before after i drained and replaced the coolant. It has has an egr cooler pump that must have to be primed. Fixed by pulling the cooler hoses off at the top near the coolant reservoir and pouring coolant down, had to use a small funnel and do it a couple of times.

I have had this fault before after i drained and replaced the coolant. It has has an egr cooler pump that must have to be primed. Fixed by pulling the cooler hoses off at the top near the coolant reservoir and pouring coolant down, had to use a small funnel and do it a couple of times.
Awesome the tricks of every model; Thanks that makes sense, I'll give it a go and revert

Latest posts

Back