Factory Sports bar with break light 2013 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendo1234

Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum. Can anyone give me an idiot's guide to installing this, or even better, a video? Thanks

If your tub doesn't have any accessories, ie hardlid - the install will be very straight forward.
the bottom four sections of the sport bar have a vertical tab which will sit and be either screwed or bolted thru the top lip of the tub
if you are having any kind of adjustment issue and the bar has the plastic joiners where the direction changes, just loosen the bolt (Allen key?) on the side of the plastic section enough to get some movement.
i guess just get it to where it looks right and double check both sides with a tape measure
run the wire for the brake light towards the rear tail light. you'll find you can tuck it up and have it hidden in the top lip
slice it into the brake wires and you should be right to go

If your tub doesn't have any accessories, ie hardlid - the install will be very straight forward.
the bottom four sections of the sport bar have a vertical tab which will sit and be either screwed or bolted thru the top lip of the tub
if you are having any kind of adjustment issue and the bar has the plastic joiners where the direction changes, just loosen the bolt (Allen key?) on the side of the plastic section enough to get some movement.
i guess just get it to where it looks right and double check both sides with a tape measure
run the wire for the brake light towards the rear tail light. you'll find you can tuck it up and have it hidden in the top lip
slice it into the brake wires and you should be right to go
Thanks mate, that actually made it pretty straightforward! Didn't even take that long

perfect - good to know :top:
i have always used a saying - fits here okay...
Pictures!!! Or It Didnt Happen!

Haha here's the pics,
20210826_125926.jpg

Attachments

• 20210826_125920.jpg
    20210826_125920.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Actually struggling a bit with the break light, it's too short to reach break lights, can't find the wires i need to extend it and plug it in! Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210826_130008.jpg
    20210826_130008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Any ideas?

if you peel back the split tube - is there two wires?
go down to your local jaycar and buy enough similar sized wiring.. CHOP OFF THE PLUG !!!!!

JOIN to extend and run it to either of the brake lights..

Hmm..... a quick google search says it's definitely a np300 bar, which it wasn't advertised as, but the bars working and it was free so can't really complain!!

I would suggest that is the case..
can you follow it back towards the car?
i had this wire for the lid locking and it went out of the tub on the passenger side and up into the floor thru a rubber grommet just in front of the fuel tank.
two wires thru it - one is an earth
have a look under just inline with the passenger front door

I would suggest that is the case..
can you follow it back towards the car?
i had this wire for the lid locking and it went out of the tub on the passenger side and up into the floor thru a rubber grommet just in front of the fuel tank.
two wires thru it - one is an earth
have a look under just inline with the passenger front door

Same mate, follows the same path.

I might just get the multimeter out and check what happens when you I lock / unlock.

I have a hardlid but looks like it's been left unplugged for a reason!

Back