Error Code P0101

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borry

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Long time reader first time poster... and I’ll be bloody buggered if I know what’s wrong with the Nav.

I have a spain built D40, it has a few mods. Hard pipe, air box, snorkel,full exhaust, tune, EGR blank.

I have been getting the above error code and I’ll be buggered if I can fix it.

ive replaced the MAF, run all new vacuum lines, replaced the SCV, reset the ECU... and the bloody thing still goes into limp mode.

anyone have any ideas where I could look to next ?
A0BBFC7C-36A4-42B0-898C-288A2738B8B2.png

There's a couple of things you could do (zero cost except for time) that might fix it. Sometimes odd or unexpected/unexplainable errors are the result of a poor electrical connection. I'd start with the MAFS connector itself, but I'd then remove and clean both battery terminals (use a jump-start battery to maintain power to the car while you do this). You might also check the ECU's connector (vehicle right hand side on the inside of the engine bay against the wheel guard). Some models had a flaky earth for the ECU, you might consider checking that.

If it consistently fails at the same point in the rev range/engine load, I'd take a look at the intercooler and/or any hosing between the turbocharger and the intake manifold. Also examine the EGR valve around the join where the EGR pipe (gold) connects to it - you're looking for leaks, which ought to be visible as black oily smudges. If you have a large boost leak, the amount of air pumped into the engine (measured by the MAFS) won't equate with the amount of boost you're producing at a particular rev/load range and the ECU might consider there's too much air going in and trigger this error. This might be expensive to repair depending on where the leak is.

You might also check the turbocharger to see if it's actually spinning well and producing boost, although you'd recognise a faulty/failing turbo by the loss of power.

There's a couple of things to check. Hope it's just an electrical connection!

Latest posts

Back