Engine wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrh2

Reaction score
Hi peeps hope you can help I've got a 2007 nissan navara d40 I've just drained the automatic transmission fluid and also taken out and cleaned the valve body from the gearbox I've put it all back together and now it won't start I thought it was the battery but I just had it on charge for about 6 hours and re fitted it but no go not even the clicks you get associated with low battery charge

It might be that the battery is quite damaged and while it will hold a surface charge that makes it look ready to go, it can't deliver enough current to turn the engine over.

Despite being small capacity engines, these motors need north of 500amps to turn them over.

I'd suggest an attempt to jump start the car (with a vehicle that has a battery with 700CCA or more).

You could also use a multimeter to test the battery during starting attempts. Voltage should sit over 12.6V prior to starting, and should not fall below 10V while starting.

You mentioned you'd had the auto trans semi-disassembled?
Was the shifter/linkages/switches/loom/inhibitor disturbed?

If not, disregard my first post....I was just joining dots...
If so, use a multi-meter to check continuity in the selector / inhibitor circuits while you move the gear selector to each position. You'll likely need the wiring diagram for wire colours and maybe a helper.

If you didn't disturb any of those parts, swap the battery for a new one, or a known good one.

You mentioned you'd had the auto trans semi-disassembled?

Was the shifter/linkages/switches/loom/inhibitor disturbed?

If not, disregard my first post....I was just joining dots...

If so, use a multi-meter to check continuity in the selector / inhibitor circuits while you move the gear selector to each position. You'll likely need the wiring diagram for wire colours and maybe a helper.

If you didn't disturb any of those parts, swap the battery for a new o
Yeah I took the valve body completely off unplugged the loom from the gearbox think I may have to strip it down again and check it
ne, or a known good one.

Latest posts

Back